OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Should I expect more at Cabelas?

Started by deerbasshunter3, February 27, 2017, 12:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

I am looking to get a new leafy suit when I go to Cabelas on Thursday, but can only find two suits online, and the less expensive suit is sold out at that store (other suit is more than I am willing to spend on a leafy suit and is also sold out in store). Should I expect for there to be some other brands/options in store, or is what I see online what I will see in the store?

Also, how many times can I say store?

callaway71

Buy online and have them ship to store.

MK M GOBL

Have you called the store you are dealing with? Ask them to check stock and see if they have any other suits available. In some cases there are items not on-line that are in-store and vice versa. And it is free to ship if you pick up ordered items at the store.

MK M GOBL

eddie234

If your make a long trip I'd call the store first to see what's in stock and as mentioned have them ship to store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tail Feathers

What he said.  You can always return it while you're still there if you don't like it.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

TauntoHawk

Order online to deliver in store pick up

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Spurtaker

Quote from: TauntoHawk on February 27, 2017, 09:48:59 PM
Order online to deliver in store pick up

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Go online look for 3D camo or 3D clothing. I just bought some and Cabelas had several online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wait. He's coming!

Bowguy

I'm all for supporting stores but Cabelas is a big box store n they're kind of over priced. Might as well just get something online or visit a local sport shop. Just my opinion

CMR

If it's a big store they may have more selection, but those Outpost stores are little more than glorified Academys......

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Bowguy on March 01, 2017, 06:54:14 PM
I'm all for supporting stores but Cabelas is a big box store n they're kind of over priced. Might as well just get something online or visit a local sport shop. Just my opinion

Of course you know Cabela's started out as a one man operation in a small town and grew his business into what it is today, quite a success story, Big Box isn't always so bad :)

Few, if any, businesses today survive the kitchen-table dreams of their founders, especially in the outdoor industry where businesses come and go with the changing seasons. Yet, the leader in the outdoor equipment business has done just that - survived, grown and prospered from simple beginnings to become the largest mail-order, retail and internet outdoor outfitter in the world.

Cabela's, the World's Foremost Outfitter of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, was born somewhat inadvertently in 1961 when Dick Cabela came up with a plan to sell fishing flies he purchased while at a furniture show in Chicago. Upon returning home to Chappell, Nebraska, Dick ran a classified ad in the Casper, Wyoming, newspaper reading: "12 hand-tied flies for $1." It generated one response.

Undaunted, Dick formulated a new plan, rewriting the ad to read "FREE Introductory offer! 5 hand tied flies....25¢ Postage....Handling" and placing it in national outdoor magazines. It didn't take long for the orders to begin arriving from sportsmen and women around the country....

MK M GOBL

deerbasshunter3

Well, they had two different leafy suits, and both were at $100. Honestly, I took the safe route and bought more for my wife than I did myself. Maybe that will keep me out of trouble for spending over $200...

owlhoot

Gobble!

I'm mad I can't find a pair of bottom land pants on their website.

Bowguy

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 02, 2017, 01:56:00 PM
Quote from: Bowguy on March 01, 2017, 06:54:14 PM

Of course you know Cabela's started out as a one man operation in a small town and grew his business into what it is today, quite a success story, Big Box isn't always so bad :)

Few, if any, businesses today survive the kitchen-table dreams of their founders, especially in the outdoor industry where businesses come and go with the changing seasons. Yet, the leader in the outdoor equipment business has done just that - survived, grown and prospered from simple beginnings to become the largest mail-order, retail and internet outdoor outfitter in the world.

Cabela's, the World's Foremost Outfitter of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, was born somewhat inadvertently in 1961 when Dick Cabela came up with a plan to sell fishing flies he purchased while at a furniture show in Chicago. Upon returning home to Chappell, Nebraska, Dick ran a classified ad in the Casper, Wyoming, newspaper reading: "12 hand-tied flies for $1." It generated one response.

Undaunted, Dick formulated a new plan, rewriting the ad to read "FREE Introductory offer! 5 hand tied flies....25¢ Postage....Handling" and placing it in national outdoor magazines. It didn't take long for the orders to begin arriving from sportsmen and women around the country....

MK M GOBL
I do understand n they've always treated me fairly but you can buy the same thing almost anywhere else for less. Plus let's talk about the bows, or guns, no one who doesn't fully understand the gear should sell it without qualifying they don't fully understand the gear. If I told you how many brand new bows from Cabelas, Gander Mt, etc come to me with a draw just too long n maxed out so the new archer can't even shoot properly w the equipment you might be shocked. In this state we gotta do a profiency test so I see the bows during hunter ed. What about eye dominance? Why are so many people asked are you righty or lefty? That doesn't matter, easier n important to shoot w the dominant eye. A new shooter needs professional help not rookies in the tech field. What happens when a new string or something needs simple serving?  How many Cabelas are around? Pro shops put you on a back burner when it comes time to fixing customer bows compared to Cabelas.
Small shops grown into over priced stores is insane. They've got the numbers n I'm sure get breaks, it should be cheaper not more expensive. Yes I understand the advertising. That costs too but the cost should affect the items less imo.

MK M GOBL

Can't speak about every retail store but have been in the game for better than 25 years on both sides of the fence, have worked at both pro shops and big retail. And if you have you also understand what a building, maintenance, employees, benefits and donations etc. cost. I have looked at budgets and P&L from both and a vast difference in costs and benefits. Can't tell you how many times I have heard "Well I can get it on Amazon for $$$" in retail... I can also say every customer I work with is just as important to me no matter what my place of employment has been.

And also know you can't always "hire" the experts, it takes time for someone to gain experience in any workplace.

MK M GOBL