News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Extra gloves and face mask.

Started by Flounder, February 26, 2017, 08:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmbradt3873

Quote from: Phillipshunt on March 05, 2017, 11:05:17 AM
I Always carry a backup pair of gloves and facemask never lost a mask but I have about 10 left hand gloves without a match.
+1. I have quite the collection of mismatched gloves.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Marc

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 06, 2017, 08:46:31 AM
I don't carry spares because that just means that I will lose two of something rather than just one of something.   :D
You just described me!

I have pretty much given up on gloves...  I just cannot imagine a bird seeing my hands and running for the hills...

I do feel a face mask is important, as our heads move and bob around, and the oils shine of the skin of a face are the first thing I can pick out on duck hunters...

I do hate wearing a face mask though...  Tough with glasses, and just a general pain.  That being said, I do carry an extra in the vest.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Duffer58

I agree with the facemask for cutting down on the glare/shine from the oil in our skins.  Friend of mine flew over some duck clubs years ago and in the pictures it was easy to do a count on how many folks were hunting - faces showed up easily.  I wear glasses so I put some camo cream under my eyes to cut down on the glare from my glasses.
870 SPS SM 23" Barrel / Indian Creek 0.665 / EO Tech 512 & Weatherby SA-459 / Carlson 0.555 / Vortex Venom

MickT

Somehow I always lose the same hand glove out of each pair. I know I'm not the only one. Gloves absolutely defy statistics of random chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRG3

The buffalo gnats and mosquitoes often make gloves and a head net a necessity here in Southern Illinois, especially if one is setting up near a wet area. I always carry a couple of set of each plus a black plastic garbage bag to spread out under my ground lounger so that my butt stays dry and allows me to place my calls above any moisture.