OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pot call for beginner

Started by rubachub, February 25, 2017, 11:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ericbrooks

I would get in touch with Mike Yingling, he will get you setup with exactly what you need.
His calls are second to nobody's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raywa

Who makes a good titanium call?

raywa

beakbuster10

Quote from: Ericbrooks on February 26, 2017, 08:01:58 PM
I would get in touch with Mike Yingling, he will get you setup with exactly what you need.
His calls are second to nobody's!

I've got one of his cast copper pots. It's flat out all turkey but I wouldn't suggest copper as a first pot. Aluminum or glass would probably be best first. You really have to be in tune with striker position and pressure on copper, when compared to other surfaces. His deer grunts are phenomenal as well.

Bowguy

Quote from: MikeStaten on February 26, 2017, 09:19:41 AM
I'd probably go with a Schaffer aluminum.  It is real easy to run with the bead blasted surface and you don't need to condition it.
I second this. It's honestly one of the easiest surfaces to run n you don't have to condition it when a bird is en route like can happen w dif calls. Dawkins or Lonzo stoned are also easy runners, Blackstone or Mac if conditioned w 220 grit sandpaper last forever too it seems.

M,Yingling

I u had never picked up a pot before hands down for beginner I would say crystal glass or slate and only reason would say the crystal or glass as the slate may give a bit trouble in field if damp out and was stated above u mess slate up running little more forgiving ,,, u strike a aluminum or titanium or copper wrong youll know it and every thing else LOL ,,, theirs lots good sounding calls out their but u got make sure their easy runners to get turkey sound   
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey