OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tiny gobbler

Started by Blong, February 22, 2017, 09:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blong

I may have posted this last year but not sure. A good friend killed this in Covington county.

Happy

Bet he got his butt kicked often.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

mtns2hunt

Looks like all his energy went into growing that beard.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: mtns2hunt on February 22, 2017, 09:26:52 PM
Looks like all his energy went into growing that beard.
Was thinking the same thing. That's amazing he's that little. I think many birds are overestimated and I've been known to do it myself a time or two. That however is ridiculously small.

captpete

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

JHoyle

I saw a central Fl bird a few years back that weighed 13lbs had 12 1/2in beard and 1 1/2 Spurs. Was weighed on a certified scale. Freak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WiLL B

I'm a good bit south of there and our gobblers run smaller on average than Covington Co. But that one is the smallest I've ever hear of! Cool!!

SteelerFan

Show off! Oh sure, anyone can hit a 20 lb. bird with a shotgun... but try hitting a 10 pounder! Lol

turkeywhisperer935

I wonder what his tiny little gobble sounded like. There is jakes bigger than that poor thing but a Tom is a Tom.

Uncle Nicky

I killed this bird last year, just cleared 13 lbs, late May. I didn't believe the scale at the check station was right, so I weighed him at home, and their scale WAS correct.

ferocious calls

Even when feed is constantly available some birds are just small in stature just like people.
That one though is a freak.

Meadow Valley Man

Several years ago during the fifth time period of the Wisconsin season, our camp killed several adult gobblers that weighed no more than 13lbs. This was after a particularly harsh winter. They still gobbled well and came to the call.

StrutStopper_71

A guy killed this giant mini buck on one of our wma's this year. Smallest buck I've ever seen.

SinGin

In the book Old Pro Gene has a chapter about a bird that didn't weigh much at all and I have talked to a couple of old timers who say that the original strain of turkeys weren't very big. All the breeding they did in the 40's and 50's were bred with farm turkeys and that's why they are so big. Your friend may have actually shot a real trophy, being an original strain of turkey. So call them Moss Back turkeys