turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

"Budget" semi auto 12 gauge options?

Started by Gutsdozer, February 17, 2017, 05:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BottomLand54

After seeing pattern pictures and all of the awesome reviews I just ordered a weatherby sa-459 turkey. I should have it this next week, they say they are one great turkey gun!

Gutsdozer

Quote from: BottomLand54 on February 17, 2017, 11:04:40 PM
After seeing pattern pictures and all of the awesome reviews I just ordered a weatherby sa-459 turkey. I should have it this next week, they say they are one great turkey gun!

I looked on the Weatherby website and there just are not any dealers around me besides walmart. What is a good/normal price on the SA-459 turkey (SA459XG1222PGM)? Actually there is a Gander mountain near me that is a weatherby dealer but they always seem high on price and the employees there are not the best. I have had bad experiences there and try to avoid it now. Is there a particular website that has good prices on them?

SteelerFan

Quote from: Gutsdozer on February 18, 2017, 07:15:20 AM
Quote from: BottomLand54 on February 17, 2017, 11:04:40 PM

I looked on the Weatherby website and there just are not any dealers around me besides walmart. What is a good/normal price on the SA-459 turkey (SA459XG1222PGM)? Actually there is a Gander mountain near me that is a weatherby dealer but they always seem high on price and the employees there are not the best. I have had bad experiences there and try to avoid it now. Is there a particular website that has good prices on them?

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=SA459XG1222PGM

*Buds will ship free to a local FFL dealer near you. Usually your local FFL dealer will charge a nominal "processing" fee

Gutsdozer

Pulled the trigger on the Weatherby! Didn't get the cash discount from Bud's but with the shipping insurance it was only like $20 more than the next cheapest place. I even have a few chokes that will fit it since they use the Mossberg/Invector/Winchester chokes.

SteelerFan

Quote from: Gutsdozer on February 19, 2017, 05:03:33 PM
Pulled the trigger on the Weatherby! Didn't get the cash discount from Bud's but with the shipping insurance it was only like $20 more than the next cheapest place. I even have a few chokes that will fit it since they use the Mossberg/Invector/Winchester chokes.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Gutsdozer

Is there a "break in" period with the SA-459 turkey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelerFan

Quote from: Gutsdozer on February 19, 2017, 05:30:41 PM
Is there a "break in" period with the SA-459 turkey?

Don't believe so... I'd recommend a deep clean of the barrel as Clark has mentioned in the past:

http://allaboutshooting.com/blogs/blog/98772615-deep-cleaning-a-shotgun-barrel

Even new, never fired will need the gunk cleaned out.

:icon_thumright:

Gutsdozer

Does anyone have experience and suggestions for a choke? I have a hevi-13 choke in a different gun that will fit.

SteelerFan

Quote from: Gutsdozer on February 19, 2017, 08:20:20 PM
Does anyone have experience and suggestions for a choke? I have a hevi-13 choke in a different gun that will fit.

Lots of info in the 20 ga thread. Here's some search results for SA459:

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?action=search2