only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hooks mouth call

Started by Bowguy, February 12, 2017, 06:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdsberman

Quote from: kdsberman on March 16, 2017, 07:15:03 AM
Quote from: Cottonmouth on March 15, 2017, 07:13:31 PM
I ordered a couple spare executioner 2's the other day and Scott recommended the game changer 3. That thing is all turkey. I'm very impressed.

I should be getting my Game Changer 3 in the mail today myself.  Can't wait to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scratch that...TOMORROW it'll be in the mail.  Was really hoping to play with it on the way to work tonight. 

kdsberman

Got my new call today.  Love it so far. Makes picture perfect clucks and cutts with ease. A little raspy on the yelps, having trouble getting that high-low sound, but maybe it just needs a little working on.  Overall, another win for Hooks.

kdsberman

Quote from: kdsberman on March 17, 2017, 04:27:07 PM
Got my new call today.  Love it so far. Makes picture perfect clucks and cutts with ease. A little raspy on the yelps, having trouble getting that high-low sound, but maybe it just needs a little working on.  Overall, another win for Hooks.

I must be crazy, because the more I use this call the more I don't like it.  I can't get this thing to give decent yelps at all.  I really don't like the idea of using a mouth call for just cutts and clucks. 

SteelerFan

Quote from: kdsberman on April 21, 2017, 07:29:43 PM
Quote from: kdsberman on March 17, 2017, 04:27:07 PM

I must be crazy, because the more I use this call the more I don't like it.  I can't get this thing to give decent yelps at all.  I really don't like the idea of using a mouth call for just cutts and clucks. 

You're not crazy... some cuts and reeds just don't suit some people. Try another style (or several) and you'll find a style you prefer - combo cut, ghost, mod V, etc.

Some guys love size 10.5 boots, but you're gonna hate them if you wear a size 12.

Marc

The Heartthrob is my favorite (favorite diaphragm call period right now), the Executioner 2 also suits me...

I find that I have to "loosen" up his calls, and they are a bit stiff right out of the box...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

kdsberman

Quote from: Marc on April 23, 2017, 12:55:13 AM
The Heartthrob is my favorite (favorite diaphragm call period right now), the Executioner 2 also suits me...

I find that I have to "loosen" up his calls, and they are a bit stiff right out of the box...

Funny u say that because I wanna order a Heartthrob pretty bad.

born2hunt

Hooks are all I have used for 4-5 years now. This is my second season using the Hearthrob and it is perfect for me. I ordered 3 of them before this season and they're the only diaphragm I used. Scott is an awesome guy to deal with too. I always call him direct just to talk turkey for a bit. 
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

kdsberman

Quote from: born2hunt on April 23, 2017, 11:00:58 PM
Hooks are all I have used for 4-5 years now. This is my second season using the Hearthrob and it is perfect for me. I ordered 3 of them before this season and they're the only diaphragm I used. Scott is an awesome guy to deal with too. I always call him direct just to talk turkey for a bit.

Since I bought my first Hooks a couple years ago I don't look to any other call maker.  I love my executioner 2.  Kinda wish the yelps were so raspy but it's not bad.  The turkeys like it so that's all that counts. 

Longbeardfever4ever

Glad to hear you guys are liking the heartthrob...it has been deadly for gobblers this year!
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

ElkTurkMan

Hooks Heartthrob is by far my new favorate, and the turkeys seem to like it as well. :funnyturkey: 

Footballer

The Exec 2 and Game Changer 3 were my favorites until I tried the reverse combo cut from callingallturkeys. Shane Simpson apparently designed the call and Hooks builds it. The turkeys flat out ate it up this spring. I'll be using it along with the batwing next spring.

http://www.callingallturkeys.com/_p/prd6/1612041875/product/calling-all-turkeys---3-reed-%22reverse-combo-cut%22

tha bugman

Executioner 2