OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WTB Buice Trumpet

Started by eorlando, February 09, 2017, 01:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antnye

Quote from: hunter22 on February 09, 2017, 06:56:46 PM
Here's my favorite Buice trumpet. My buddy drenalinld on here bought some really nice Snakewood from Preacherman at Unicoi and sent it to Billy for him to make a couple trumpets. Good quality Snakewood is getting hard to find and Billy did not have any.

That's a purdy call right there! Very nice!

M Sharpe

If a guy was wanting an African Blackwood from him, I'd say go ahead and get one. It is in the same family as rosewood and cocobolo.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

nitro

Billy's ABW calls are super nice. This is an older one and it superb in tone and materials.
Royal Slam 2008

eorlando

Man you guys are killing me. Beautiful trumpets!!!

nitro

Matched set of 100 year cut Claro Walnut trumpets- 5.5" and 6" I bought a big board and had Billy make 6 for me and friends as gifts.

Dandy callers.. Give Billy a call.
Royal Slam 2008

nitro

Mopane set - 6" trumpet and treecall.. Ivory caps and Mouthpiece on trumpet.. Wingbone MP on the tree call.. exquisite.
Royal Slam 2008

hunter22

Matched set of Lignum Vitae trumpets from Billy. Anything he makes is good.

antnye

gergg

So do his mouth pieces stay put considering they are compression fit? I see the one trumpet has some sort of lanyard connected to both sections.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

hunter22

Billy makes push in or screw in mouthpieces. I started out with push in mps and so all mine are that style. If I were starting over I would probably go with the screw in style. I have lanyards that attach to both the trumpet and mp to prevent loss.

davisd9

Quote from: gergg on February 10, 2017, 10:57:36 AM
So do his mouth pieces stay put considering they are compression fit? I see the one trumpet has some sort of lanyard connected to both sections.

Yes they stay in if you push in and twist. I do have something else attached to the mouthpiece for peace of mind. He also makes screw in mouthpieces.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

M Sharpe

Both of mine are the screw ins. Nothing worst than setting up on a gobbler and realizing the mp is gone. I'm sure the others stay in, it's just a peace of mind for me!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

KentuckyHeadhunter

Now I wanna see some Buice cocobolo horns since he quit making them. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

nitro

Royal Slam 2008

nitro

2007 Matched set of gorgeous Cocabola.. maybe one of the last sets Billy made in this wood.
Royal Slam 2008