OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hooks mouth calls

Started by jbrown, February 08, 2017, 11:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devastator

BEST mouth calls i have ever run!!!I use a Devastator that Scott makes for me with proph on the bottom that i luv!!!

Borat

Hooks is the only mouth call as far as I'm concerned. All mentioned will run great, but my go to is the Heart throb.

Can't say enough good things about Scott and every diaphragm I've ever bought from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

compton30

Awesome topic OP. Being that I've really gotten serious about learning to run a mouth diaphragm within the last 4 months, I've only been trying to produce turkey sounds on lower quality(at least I assume) mouth calls I got at Walmart. I've been looking far and wide at different folks and decided I was gonna go with Hooks because #1 They seem to be the only people who make a Reverse/Left oriented Combo Cut calls and #2 They're cheaper than damn near every other I've seen. Plus y'all rave about em.

Thanks everyone who posted their favorites and if they have any other recommendations for me I'd love to hear them. Thanks gents!

ncturkey

My most favorite is "The Player"

jwright8

Mine is definitely the hearttrob

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

bornagain64

TURKEYWHACKER

Bought an Executioner 2 last year and here in Florida I rolled an Eastern on the opening weekend, an Osceola the following Friday and an Osceola my Dad took the next Friday. Getting ready to place another order.

slicksbeagles1

Swampchickin234

Ex 2, devastater, and ex1, also show some love for the heartthrob.  Ex2 is my main call.  Ill get 4 more for this year.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DawgsFan1

The Swindler and Game Changer 3 are my favorites.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

yella yelper

husker

Used the Executioner 2 last season with great success.  Just picked up the Player and I think it might be my new go to this season.  Can't go wrong with Hooks! 

Gamblinman

Quote from: TheSportsman on February 09, 2017, 08:40:20 PM
I'd really recommend you take a look at houndstooth calls. Scott makes good calls but those houndstooth by Lyle are something

I'd recommend that you create your own post for Houndstooth Calls.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."