turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just 10 more yards

Started by TRKYHTR, April 07, 2011, 06:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

I have been without the internet for the last 2 days and I have been lost. My buddy John and I went hunting to Trinitas. It's a golf coarse his cousin owns. We had no luck at flydown and seemed to be behind the turkeys the whole time. We finally got a gobbler to answer from behind us at about 200 yards. The next gobble was at 100 yards and I was scrambling. I didn't have my facemask up, no gloves on. I was trying to hide my face behind the video camera. I had no backrest and John was in a bush with no backrest as well. this turkey comes out and hits his mask. He strutted on this small hill in the sun for over an hour. My butt was numb, foot was numb, and I couldn't feel my arm or wrist from leaning on it. John was hurting as well saying his leg was dead. This gobbler had a very interesting spit and drum. At the end of each drum he would do a liitle sound that was similar to a cluck. You can even see his feathers move a little when this is happening, as he rocked back and forth a little. You can really hear it at about the 11 minute mark. He finally decided it was time for him to go. At the closest distance we figured him to be at 50 yards and John is shooting a 40 yard gun. I commend him for knowing his limitations. We also had a couple mallards fly right behind us during this turkeys display and the gobbler gobbled to them. Hope you like the video.

TRKYHTR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDQRRjpOhB0
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Ol'Mossy

Nice video, that would have sent me over the edge, apparently that gobbler can't read either  :laugh:

Flydown

Another great video Joe. Have you ever had anybody play through while you've been out there? :D

TRKYHTR

Not yet. Were usually gone before they can get to the 16th green.  :icon_thumright:

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

HARDCORE

Another GREAT vid Joe!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Next time you're hunting a golf course you might consider taking down the OB tape/markers, looked like the only thing keeping that tom from closing the gap.  ;D

HC

gophert

I've got to know the arrangements to hunt on a golf course.  I am an avid golfer, and in TN we have people teeing off at daylight.  Does the owner require you to be gone by a certain time?  All I can see is some old guy getting peppered by some #7 hevi shot while teeing off or having a shot go off while in mid backswing. 

Anyway..video is great as always.  Perhaps you would have better luck in a golf cart and some plaid pants.   :TooFunny:

hookedspur

Quote from: Hardcore on April 07, 2011, 08:16:10 PM
Another GREAT vid Joe!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Next time you're hunting a golf course you might consider taking down the OB tape/markers, looked like the only thing keeping that tom from closing the gap.  ;D

HC
:agreed: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

TRKYHTR

Quote from: gophert on April 07, 2011, 08:18:24 PM
I've got to know the arrangements to hunt on a golf course.  I am an avid golfer, and in TN we have people teeing off at daylight.  Does the owner require you to be gone by a certain time?  All I can see is some old guy getting peppered by some #7 hevi shot while teeing off or having a shot go off while in mid backswing. 

Anyway..video is great as always.  Perhaps you would have better luck in a golf cart and some plaid pants.   :TooFunny:

The area that we are hunting is on the back 9. It's near the 11th green. We haven't even seen a golfer yet but we are usually out of there by 9. I guarantee you could do a drive by in a golf cart but put some camo on and carry a gun and they get real spooky.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

savduck

The 16th green was a lucky one for me when I used to kill gobblers on the golf course in SC. Me and the superintendant smashed 15 longbeards in three years. 16th, 7th, and 6th was were it was at for us.

I used to hunt with Outlaw silouettes. Those boys would lock up and strutt two hundred yard straight in to them. COOL VIDEO.
Georgia Boy

gophert

I guarantee you could do a drive by in a golf cart but put some camo on and carry a gun and they get real spooky.

TRKYHTR
[/quote]

That is sooo true.  I called up a gobbler one day with just my mouth while waiting on a tee box to tee off.  If I would have had camo on...he would have run the other way.  Good luck and you might want to holler "FORE" before you shoot.  

BOFF

Great video!! My daughter loved it as well!!

God Bless,
David B.

GAbird

A line drive to the head with a driver or a 3 wood woulda wore him out.  :z-guntootsmiley:

Trip

WyoHunter

Nice video! Better luck next time!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!