turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Smallest head?

Started by bowhunter2k9, January 30, 2017, 01:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowhunter2k9

Who makes the smallest aftermarket fiber optic bead for shotguns? These Remington's these days are not centered and I want a replacement
Romans 8:38-39

Bowguy

Quote from: bowhunter2k9 on January 30, 2017, 01:41:30 PM
Who makes the smallest aftermarket fiber optic bead for shotguns? These Remington's these days are not centered and I want a replacement
Brother not trying to derail your thread. As a bowhunter/instructor I teach the lollipop method. You should hit 12 o clock just over pin, be it iron sights, shotgun beads or bow pins. This way you can see target.
Not trying to change you just an idea n the smallest pin when things are shot this way matter less.
If say if things are off to try rifle sights anyway to move poi wherever you need

Longshanks

The shotguns that I shoot beads have primarily Hi-Viz that screw into the rib of the gun and you can replace the beads with whatever size you want. These sights are tough. I've only broken one of the fiber optic pins over the years and replaced it in just a few minutes. They send a container of pins, different sizes and different colors.

bowhunter2k9

Not a bad method, but even so... I'd want the smallest bead so my view is not takin up.

Longshanks

:emoticon-cartoon-012:
Quote from: bowhunter2k9 on January 30, 2017, 03:32:20 PM
Not a bad method, but even so... I'd want the smallest bead so my view is not takin up.

The smallest bead is what I shoot with the Hi-viz as well. We used to shoot the large ivory bead on the front and ivory middle bead. Great for wing shooting but turkey hunting it obstructed view big time. Once you put the bead on the turkey head and neck the turkey completely disappeared. To try and just keep the bead low enough to be able to see the turkey would cause you to shoot low unless you have a gun that shoots high. Allot of the over/under and wing guns that we used in competition patterned high but allot of guns don't shoot that way. The all metal adjustable Tru-glo Pro series sights have fine beads as well if you need adjustment for the pattern.

taketheshot

I use the Hi Viz Comp Sight on 3 of my shotguns. Comes with a variety of pipes, easy to swap in the field if your sight is blending in too much with your backdrop. Can be had at reasonable sale price too!

bowhunter2k9

So y'all both used the comp sight? I'm curious about the magnioptics one because it's bead is only 1.5 mm

bowhunter2k9

I just realized the comp comes with small sizes too ????

Longshanks

Have them on 4 Berettas. Good sight