OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Avian-X 3/4 Strut Jake

Started by C.Kimzey95, January 24, 2017, 10:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

I think the question about the decoy was what we think about the new Avian X NEW 3/4 strut decoy. I don't see were this has to do with the question of being ethical and good stewards of the land.. All he ask was how we like the NEW DECOY....Let's respect other members question or post...

C.Kimzey95

Thanks Greg! And thanks to all all others who gave me their opinions as well.

Greg Massey

Quote from: C.Kimzey95 on January 25, 2017, 11:58:14 PM
Thanks Greg! And thanks to all all others who gave me their opinions as well.
Your Welcome...

C.Kimzey95

As I recall you're also a TN guy, west tn, if I remember right? Always like hearing from guys in the same state!

Greg Massey

Quote from: C.Kimzey95 on January 26, 2017, 12:03:21 AM
As I recall you're also a TN guy, west tn, if I remember right? Always like hearing from guys in the same state!
Yes from West Tenn....yes the same....glad your on the forum....

Parrot Head

http://hunt-indiana.com/thread/36685/stuffer-decoys

I got one of these many years ago and put a hen in front of it and have killed many birds that way.

Fullfan

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 25, 2017, 08:06:09 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on January 25, 2017, 07:22:01 PM
Quote from: WNCTracker on January 25, 2017, 06:08:37 PM
Quote from: Fullfan on January 25, 2017, 05:11:11 PM
Save your money.. You don't need decoys to kill turkeys.
Maybe you don't. Not the point
And why would you care as long as it's legal?You hunt em how you want and everyone else will hunt em how they want!!
x2

Wow, was just telling him to save his money, HE said he was a sucker for the " Overpriced Decoys"

Don't gobble at me...

Greg Massey

Quote from: Fullfan on January 26, 2017, 09:10:45 AM
And why would you care as long as it's legal?You hunt em how you want and everyone else will hunt em how they want!!
x2

Wow, was just telling him to save his money, HE said he was a sucker for the " Overpriced Decoys"

sometimes a gobbler comes in silence ....no need to gobble ...

Fullfan

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 26, 2017, 09:37:58 AM
x2

Agree and no need for overpriced decoys.. or any decoys as a matter of a fact...
Don't gobble at me...

Greg Massey

Quote from: Fullfan on January 26, 2017, 10:20:26 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on January 26, 2017, 09:37:58 AM
x2

Agree and no need for overpriced decoys.. or any decoys as a matter of a fact...
Look we all understand you don't like using decoys , but a lot of other people on this forum don't feel the same way... thanks for all your input...

cutt down

I'm a West TN guy too. My DSD jake has had the crap beaten out it several times. The avian looks good but I'm a DSD fan.

C.Kimzey95

Mid tn guy here cutt down.  I know people that love DSD's.... I like the avian x's myself and have had pretty good luck with em. I typically don't let em get to the point where they beat the crap out of em!  :z-guntootsmiley:

cutt down

Quote from: C.Kimzey95 on January 26, 2017, 10:54:17 PM
Mid tn guy here cutt down.  I know people that love DSD's.... I like the avian x's myself and have had pretty good luck with em. I typically don't let em get to the point where they beat the crap out of em!  :z-guntootsmiley:
It's tough to do but one heckuva show. :turkey2:

C.Kimzey95

The one time I did see it I missed on the first shot... too busy shaking bad to aim!  :toothy9:

Marc

Related question to the original post...

How many birds do you think would come into the 3/4 strut jake, that would not come into the 1/2 strut jake or vice versa?  Basically a slightly more aggressive pose, that might irritate a dominant tom, or scare off a submissive bird that has been taking a beating...  Does the slightly more aggressive pose really initiate that instinctual response to fight, or does the mere presence of another bird do the same thing (i.e. the 1/2 strutter)?

Honestly, looking at the pose and having seen the realism of the 1/2 strutter, I do not think there would be very much difference between the DSD and the newest Avian as far as effectiveness (durability is a completely different topic though).
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.