turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

cost to tap and drill receiver?

Started by Full strut, January 19, 2017, 04:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Full strut

I didn't think about Macks! I guess spoon customs would be able to do it? Thanks for the idea bud

decoykrvr

I wouldn't hesitate to recontact my local gunsmith, inform him of what others have indicated is a "fair price" for the work and see what he says, or if he offers to lower his quoted price.  Most people in "sales", and he is selling his work, know the importance of maintaining and growing their customer base.

sierra6

I've got a .20 R.E.M. 870 at the gunsmith right now for D&T. He quoted me $100
"When the Turkeys ain't gobblin, it's tough to make em stop!"

Full strut

well atleast im not the only one getting the wool pulled over on. i have another quote coming tomorrow, so i hope its a little more reasonable.

rem 300

Quote from: sierra6 on January 24, 2017, 08:09:50 PM

That is very high!!

BowBendr

Quote from: rem 300 on January 24, 2017, 09:13:11 PM
Quote from: sierra6 on January 24, 2017, 08:09:50 PM

That is very high!!

Holy cow....that is high  :o

sierra6

I have no problem paying the $100.  I've had this particular Gunsmith do lots of work for me. He's never cheap, but his work is always top notch.  You get what you pay for.   It's actually a task I could perform myself for $0, but I have supreme confidence in his work.
"When the Turkeys ain't gobblin, it's tough to make em stop!"

backwater

Mine was going to charge $50 for two holes but he had no experience drilling and tapping a Nova.   Ultimately, I did it myself with the help of Clark. 

yella yelper

Quote from: Full strut on January 24, 2017, 09:24:05 AM
I didn't think about Macks! I guess spoon customs would be able to do it? Thanks for the idea bud
I would assume it would be Spoon doing it so that's a good thing. They do good work there on both guns and Jody on the bows

Full strut

Yeah Jody knows bows. That's where I go to test shoot all the new bows every year  8)

stinkpickle

The last quote I got was $100, also.  I made alternative plans.

mote1977

I just had my BPS drilled and tapped for a Fastfire/336 mount. He also drilled the stock and magazine cap and put sling swivels on. Total was $63.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BABS9

I just got a quoted $120 to drill and tap my 11-87.....

davisd9

Buddy had 4 holes, they mounted the scope, and bore sighted for $75. He is happy with the work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SinGin

$20.00 per hole is what my local gunsmith charges