OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gobbling like spring!

Started by MK M GOBL, January 19, 2017, 10:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

So in the middle of winter here in WI and recently had some bad ice storms come through, hard for the birds to find food and they start showing up behind the barn in the cattle's feed lot. Had 13 longbeards out there and they were making some noise the last few mornings. Just figuring because there all "together" the dominance card is getting played but was fun to hear birds gobbling like that!!

MK M GOBL

Double B

I was standing out back listening this am, but nothing.  Such warm January here in the Midwest I figured I had a chance.  Time.
Followed by buzzards

Cut N Run

Saw a big gobbler scratching around near the creek at a nearby bean field.  I had to turn around and glass him for a few minutes.  Serious rope beard and nice hooks.  Definitely not a 2 year old.  Too bad he's on land leased by somebody else.  I'b by lying if I said it didn't get my heart rate up.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: MK M GOBL on January 19, 2017, 10:50:23 AM
So in the middle of winter here in WI and recently had some bad ice storms come through, hard for the birds to find food and they start showing up behind the barn in the cattle's feed lot. Had 13 longbeard out there and they were making some noise the last few mornings. Just figuring because there all "together" the dominance card is getting played but was fun to hear birds gobbling like that!!

MK M GOBL

the more bearded birds in the winter flock the more they seem to talk no matter what time of year
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>