turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Longbeard XR for 20 gauge...?

Started by Doug Lewis, January 11, 2017, 01:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Lewis

So what's the skinny on the 20ga Longbeard XR loads? Is there such a load? Do they have the same title but for 20ga? Or, as I've read on a coupe sites, are they the Rooster loads?
Little help....  :icon_thumright:

wvlimbhanger

allaboutshooting

When ever the weather allows, I'll go to the range and try the new 20 gauge WLB shells. I have them with #5 and #6 shot.

I should have a release date on those shells soon but I suspect just after SHOT or at the NWTF Convention in February.

When I get a date, I'll post it on OG.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Dirtybird552

Natchez shooting supply has them listed in their catalog I got a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doug Lewis

For sale or advertisment?
Seems they don't like us Ga boys.... Alabama or Tennessee boys.  ;D

Dirtybird552

Dirtybird552

Quote from: Doug Lewis on January 11, 2017, 08:38:41 PM
For sale or advertisment?
Seems they don't like us Ga boys.... Alabama or Tennessee boys.  ;D

Doug Lewis

Dang! I might have to call and sweet talk em tomorrow into sending me a box....

Yoder409

Good chance they are outta stock yet....................

I've done a LOT of business with Natchez............... but they tick me off.............   Bet the same sale flyer lists Winchester brand .375 Winchester brass on sale.  They haven't had any (nobody has) in stock for YEARS.  But every flyer lists it as being on sale.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

turkeykiller41

I know alot of people are excited about these new longbeards for a 20 gauge,mybe they will be above 100 hits in the 10 at 40yds.

silvestris

Longbeards or whatever, the 20 ain't a 40 yard gun.  Go ahead, take the shot, but please tell us about the cripples along with the kills.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Swampchickin234

Quote from: silvestris on January 18, 2017, 10:37:40 PM
Longbeards or whatever, the 20 ain't a 40 yard gun.  Go ahead, take the shot, but please tell us about the cripples along with the kills.
I would have to adjust that to say that totally depends on what is coming out of the barrel. I agree to a point . I don't want to shoot lead out of a 20 gauge at 40 yards. But I will with tungsten.  And ill do it just as good as with a 10 or a 12.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Swampchickin234 on January 18, 2017, 11:15:07 PM
Quote from: silvestris on January 18, 2017, 10:37:40 PM
I would have to adjust that to say that totally depends on what is coming out of the barrel. I agree to a point . I don't want to shoot lead out of a 20 gauge at 40 yards. But I will with tungsten.  And ill do it just as good as with a 10 or a 12.

X2. Would I want to with lead? Depends on pattern density. If you're getting 100-150 in the 10" with lead, doesn't matter if it's a 12 ga or 20 ga. Having said that, 40 yards with my 20 and federal HW 7's isn't an issue. 40 yards with TSS is, well, ummm.....I'm betting the guys that are using it in a 20 ga could chime in here and say a thing or two.

Dirtybird552

I run across a Video of field and stream shooting some 20 LB at the shot show.

https://www.facebook.com/fieldandstream/videos/10154880568513686/