OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another gun froze story

Started by Bowguy, January 06, 2017, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Saw Chadly's post bout a gun freezing n thought of another story about a gun freezing literally. Few years back the last day of waterfowl season my buddy n I decided to hit a reservoir to hunt divers. My buddy Joe was an airborne Ranger n kind of a meat head. Sorry Joe.
Anyway it was 1 degree n windy but the res was half open. Perfect!
Our idea to use otters( puddle duck boats) I don't think was wise as the waves were heavy but we made it out.
he'd never been there n this reservoir is man made, they used a mountain range so where youre standing is cliffs. I told Joe to stay in the boat n set the dekes. He insisted he was good.
I heard a splash n down went Joe. Hmmm we had 7 of 9 dozen dekes out n now had to pick em up.
I told Joe to just hold his boat n I'd grab dekes so we could go.
Remember he's a meat head n he decided to help, wrapping decoy lines in the electric motor prop. Ugh!
I tell him relax I'll clear it hold the boat. He comes closer to hold the light. I look up n there's his boat in the middle of the res.
I go out in the black to get it n now must bring 2 catamoran style hull boats back 150 yards against the wind n w one battery. The hulls weren't cooperating w each other.
So now I'm back n it's almost light , he's a friend but it's the last day so I tell him to go to the truck, warm up n come back.
He leaves n i kill two mallards.
After a bit I hear crunching through the snow, Joe in his wisdom thought if he parked halfway n ran back he'd warm up enough.
He gets set n needs to ugh take a dump. Once finished he realizes his underwear that he planned to use to clean himself are frozen.
At this point I think he oughta give up but he gets to the waters edge n drops his gun in res. It fell in short water so he got it back but it was popcycle froze. 
Hope you guys don't think I was too mean calling him a meathead

wvmntnhick

Sounds like Joe should put on a helmet when he leaves the house in the mornings. Good story though.

jed clampett

KentuckyHeadhunter

I actually understood that. :goofball:  Funny as hell.  :TooFunny:
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion