turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Austy Bott Adjustable Trumpet

Started by gergg, January 06, 2017, 05:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gergg

I just wanted to share some pics of this Austy Bott adjustable trumpet. Don't see too many of Austy's trumpets, this one is made out of Marblewood which is extremely dense and quite beautiful. Austy's craftsmanship is top notch too, this thing is awesome. To each his own of course, but I really love the sound of this call, quite a bit different than a typical trumpet....granted, I am new to trumpets, so it may be that I have not played enough of them to really know what the heck I'm talking about...lol....So while I do love the call for its sound, it's the coolness factor that led me to share it here.

Here it is in full closed mode

Here it is extended 3/4 total length

https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

KentuckyHeadhunter

Thanks for sharing Greg.  I don't own one but I've heard great things and seen a YouTube video on it by another member here.  Austy makes great calls and is a very diversified call maker. Is that really Marblewood? Looks to be.  I love that wood and don't see it enough in calls.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Old Timer53

I own several of Austy yelpers.  They are full of turkey. You have got a killer there.  Austy is a great call maker and a super nice guy.
Congrats on your new yelper !!!!

:icon_thumright:

antnye

Sweet horn Greg. Austy is a top notch guy!

blackfalcon

Nice call! Austy knows what he's doing and an adjustable call can be handy to have in the arsenal. I used to love an old Heglar slider, very versatile call.

gergg

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on January 06, 2017, 05:58:36 PM
Thanks for sharing Greg.  I don't own one but I've heard great things and seen a YouTube video on it by another member here.  Austy makes great calls and is a very diversified call maker. Is that really Marblewood? Looks to be.  I love that wood and don't see it enough in calls.

Yeah, I actually wrote to Austy, he was the one who told me it was Marblewood. A beautiful wood for sure.

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls

gergg

Quote from: antnye on January 06, 2017, 07:51:00 PM
Sweet horn Greg. Austy is a top notch guy!

Hey thanks Anthony, you are the one who got me hooked on trumpets, I loved yours and that was the start of a slight obsession...lol

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls

BluMtnGobbler

Great call from a great callmaker. Austy is one heck of a guy! Congrats to you both.
BRIAN

silverspur

Congrats on your trumpet from Austy.  He is a great guy and a good friend too. He is a great craftsman and his adjustable trumpets are top shelf and full of turkey too. I have one of his in Brazilian Rosewood with a Buffalo Horn mouth piece that is stunning and sounds great.  You will find the turkeys like them too!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

gergg

Quote from: silverspur on January 07, 2017, 08:45:38 AM
Congrats on your trumpet from Austy.  He is a great guy and a good friend too. He is a great craftsman and his adjustable trumpets are top shelf and full of turkey too. I have one of his in Brazilian Rosewood with a Buffalo Horn mouth piece that is stunning and sounds great.  You will find the turkeys like them too!

Would love to have another one, especially in Brazilian Rosewood, bet it is beautiful. I build custom acoustic guitars and Brazilian Rosewood is acoustically brilliant. I like this trumpet because it can be played very, very softly with nice rollover, can get loud if needed too. I say it sounds a bit different than other trumpets I have tried due to the front end of the yelp which can get super high pitched and easily roll to the "yalk"....reminds me of the front end of a box call. I think the birds just might like it too.

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls

alankrow

Congrats.. Great call and callmarker.. :icon_thumright: :OGani:

Jacobson

Austy, made an adjustable for me and the craftsmanship is excellent. The soud adjust to your liking, and most of all the birds like it. It's a must have for any trumpet hunter. Great value!!!

EZ

Quote from: Jacobson on January 07, 2017, 08:12:38 PM
Austy, made an adjustable for me and the craftsmanship is excellent. The soud adjust to your liking, and most of all the birds like it. It's a must have for any trumpet hunter. Great value!!!

You said it!!! Besides making a killer trumpet, Austy is as good of a man as you'll ever find.

mgm1955

Austy's work is fantastic and he is a super nice guy. His adjustable trumpet is an incredibly versatile hunting tool! I have several different calls from him and wouldn't trade any of them. Congrats on a fine call!!

troutfisher13111

Very nice! How much does the pitch change?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk