turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi shot triple beard

Started by hrpp20, January 02, 2017, 04:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrpp20

Who got a chance to try triple beard last season? I like to get prepped early so I had already been to the range and settled on WLB before I even saw it start to show up in stores Last year.

wvmntnhick

Not going to lie. I didn't try them. Having said that, if you're set with the Winchester LB's, I see no reason to switch. You're going to get better pattern density with the LB's. My buddy tried the triple beards. It was a decent killing pattern but certainly didn't have the density that wither of us were getting with the LB's.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: hrpp20 on January 02, 2017, 04:48:52 PM
Who got a chance to try triple beard last season? I like to get prepped early so I had already been to the range and settled on WLB before I even saw it start to show up in stores Last year.

Here's a link to a "first look" article about those shells http://allaboutshooting.com/blogs/blog/111479559-triple-beard-a-new-turkey-load-from-hevi-shot

When I wrote that, I'd not been able to get to the range and shoot them. I did later, with a variety of chokes and guns. They did quite well with good dense patterns at 20-25 yards as well as 40 yards. They were forgiving enough to allow for some movement on the part of the turkey or the shooter.

I also gave several boxes to friends who used them successfully in the turkey woods.

They do not throw patterns at 40 yards that are as dense as the WLB shells or as Hevi-13 standard or Magnum Blend shells. They are however turkey killers and priced economically enough to allow you to try some in your gun without breaking the bank.

Somewhere, I have much more detailed shooting results but apparently in the press of the season last year, I both failed to publish them and now they are "hidden" in my archives. I apologize for the lack of detail.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

wmn2

Check out the lead shooters section. There's one or two threads in there about them. I patterned them and honestly wasn't impressed with what I got compared to mynlong beards. I'm going to try hevi13 and magblend this year too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowguy

I tried em n didn't like em but jrrodc did in his browning silver n they were awesome so it might depend on the gun. I believe that choke is super tight