News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Packing in DSD's for a solo hunt

Started by SKYNET KC, January 02, 2017, 10:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Quote from: Bowguy on January 02, 2017, 08:50:24 PM
I commonly roost a bird the night before. Go home get my gear, pack some dekes n a blind n wind up sleeping at least part a night w the birds if I'm more than a few mins from home. Those kinda hunts I put my vest on, blind like a back pack, DSD bags over a shoulder. I'll be honest, I'm going slow cause I don't wanna spook my game n the weight doesn't seem to bother me taking it easy even if it's a long walk in. If I'm runnin n gunning I don't carry dekes. I believe they're 50/50 between setting up/spooking game you just struck n helping you. Truth is most those birds'd prob be dead anyway even without the dekes. I should add 2 is more than plenty. Bring 3 on your travels so you can change as you see fit but carry only 1-2. It's easier n all you'll need
So if i understand you right, you roost a bird, go back home and get your stuff including a blind and go back to the roost and stay the night in a blind. Is this what you do ?

ddturkeyhunter

I have used the DSD"s decoys for 7 years now, they are the most deadly decoys there is or at least in the top two or three. For one thing it doesnt matter how far back you think your walking in on public land, to use a Jake decoy on public land is just plane crazy. I had a guy shoot my foam Jake decoy on public land in florida, and it had the shape of a turkey but did not look real like the decoy of today. Drop two decoy and just go with the upright hen. I have the flock and 80 persent of the time use only the upright hen, but hunt mostly public. Good luck have fun.