OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Getting close to the rut

Started by jwright8, October 31, 2016, 08:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwright8

Just got camp set up, this is home for the next 10 days. We are at higgison-Henry WMA in union county, KY. Weather is warm but we will give it our all and see what happens.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

chadly

dejake

They're chasing where I'm at (De.).  No bird-dogging yet.

Happy

Starting to cruise pretty good in md. I had two pass by sat morning. One started leaking blood pretty bad.Friday was the first day I have been in the woods bowhunting this year. First buck was a nice one but it was before legal shooting hours. I am a meat hunter first and foremost anyways.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Bowguy

Cruising, even chasing up north. Sat my brother n I had a buck chase a doe between our trucks. Fri he had little ones chasing n the woman I help saw a buck actually breed one Sun. Good times n good luck!

Spring Creek Calls

Seeing multiple small bucks just about each time out here in Michigan. The big boys have yet to show up in the daylight.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

mgm1955

tomstopper

wvmntnhick

Cruising last weekend here too. Missed the biggest buck of my life too. Probably 130+ inches and I hit a tree limb. Didn't even see the limb. Talk about tunnel vision.

captpete

It needs to cool off here.....don't me wrong, I'm not looking for below zero temps & snow, it just needs to be a little cooler. The lows temps at night have been at or above what the average hi temps of the day usually are. I guessing with these warm temps, a lot(most) of the rut activity will be happening at night when it cooler. Also the cooler temps will get rid of the dang skeeters!!!! It's hard to sit still when your are swatting bugs.

Tail Feathers

Pete, we have a cool down coming for opening day this Saturday.  46 for a low opening day.  It don't get much cooler than that for the opener in these parts.  It could be a good one!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

jwright8

I got a doe this morning. Now it's time for big boy to show up.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Happy

Congrats. Good eating right there.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Dr Juice

Quote from: wvmntnhick on November 02, 2016, 06:27:42 AM
Cruising last weekend here too. Missed the biggest buck of my life too. Probably 130+ inches and I hit a tree limb. Didn't even see the limb. Talk about tunnel vision.
That sux brother. I'm getting out next week which should be the peak of the rut. Good luck.

captpete

Quote from: Tail Feathers on November 02, 2016, 10:30:12 AM
Pete, we have a cool down coming for opening day this Saturday.  46 for a low opening day.  It don't get much cooler than that for the opener in these parts.  It could be a good one!
Sounds like it should be a good start!! It doesn't sound like it going to cool off much here. They are still talking 10* -15* above normal temps for the next week. We should be about 35* at night & 55* during the day. We had one night a couple weeks ago that got down to 30*. I think all that did was just make the skeeters mad....it didn't slow them down much.