turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Long beards

Started by cluck, October 02, 2016, 10:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cluck

Somebody has posted in turkey guns that he had information that it would next spring. For twenty gauge!!! Long beards???       Bring it on!!!     Cluck.  :wagon:

wildman

They are selling chokes for the long beards but where are the shells ?Come on winchester make us some long beard 20ga. shells ... :OGturkeyhead:

Greg Massey

I think it's posted on the general forum , these shells will be out in a few weeks...check on the general forum..

Lonster

I think I saw that they will only be loaded with 1 1/8 oz of shot. I wouldn't expect to be very impressed. I shot LB's in my SBEII prior to switching to TSS in my 20 gauge. LB's shot good in my SBEII but even they can't hold a candle to my 20 gauge with TSS in a 2 3/4" shell.

monty690

Are you loading your TSS or buying them?

BowBendr

Quote from: monty690 on January 23, 2017, 02:53:19 PM

You have to roll your own, loaded shells are not commercially available.

Lonster

Quote from: monty690 on January 23, 2017, 02:53:19 PM

I'm loading the TSS.

davisd9

Them only traveling 1000 fps is a bit worrisome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

870BkWht

Quote from: Lonster on January 22, 2017, 06:39:45 PM
I think I saw that they will only be loaded with 1 1/8 oz of shot. I wouldn't expect to be very impressed.

The 20 ga longbeard will be loaded in 1.25 Oz of #5 or #6. There have been a few advertisements in outdoor life and the Game and Fish magazines. Also Mack's Prairie wings has them listed on their site but they don't have them in stock yet. 

CABEAR73

I talked to them directly. The guy I spoke to told me the first week of April they will be shipped out.

AC 870

Quote from: CABEAR73 on February 01, 2017, 09:42:44 AM
I talked to them directly. The guy I spoke to told me the first week of April they will be shipped out.

Well dadgum Alabama season will be 1/3 over by then.

870BkWht

Quote from: AC 870 on February 02, 2017, 12:15:18 AM

You could buy some, and after season closes, you can pattern them with some different chokes and come next season you'll be ready

CABEAR73

Thats exactly what I told the guy. I said it would have been better off waiting till this summer, and letting people be able to do extensive testing with them for next Spring

Greg Massey

:TooFunny:
Quote from: 870BkWht on February 02, 2017, 06:45:02 AM

You could buy some, and after season closes, you can pattern them with some different chokes and come next season you'll be ready
:TooFunny:

AC 870

Well I got 3 boxes of HW7s and a buddy supposed to help me load some TSS. I prolly don't really give a rip when they come out.  :funnyturkey: