OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Why in the world?

Started by allaboutshooting, August 17, 2016, 06:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Why do we give our hard-earned dollars to people who so obviously hate us? I have watched a good bit of television in the last few weeks, with the 2 major party conventions dominating the news, just a while back. I have been appalled at what I've heard from some "celebrities" in the acting and sports fields.

These folks are mega-rich because we average Americans have spent our hard-earned dollars on tickets to see them and on products that they endorse. They are undoubtedly very good at what they do or what they've done, in some cases but being able to play an intelligent person in a movie does not make you an intelligent person. Neither does being able to throw, catch, dunk or hit a ball.

When I see one of these people make fun of the values that many of us hold dear, make fun of us for what we believe, make fun of us for being who we are or where we live, I am appalled! More than that, I wonder why in the world would I ever buy another ticket of any kind to see one of them get richer and more arrogant. Frankly, I won't.
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

guesswho

I came to that same conclusion years ago.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

mgm1955

1iagobblergetter

Spring Creek Calls

It's never too late to support like minded people and write off those that attack our values. We are at the tipping point and we better hang together.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

870FaceLift

It's sad, yet we see more and more of it everyday. I especially can't stand all the political correctness. If you say something, mean it darn it. Don't back peddle the moment someone takes offense.  :angry9:
Pass it on...

Happy

Haven't paid money to see any professional sporting event or entertainers since Barry Bonds and Andy van slyke played for the pirates. College sports and the little league play offs are about all I watch anymore. 

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Farmboy27

While I see your point and agree with it, let's face it. If I was to stop paying for everything that I thought might be opposed to my views, I'd be sitting in the woods naked watching squirrels play!  Every movie has actors that have views opposing mine, every team has players, every company executives.  Hell, a lot of the devices we view this site on are made in communist china!  I would love to give my money to only those who support my way of life but the sad truth is it's not possible. Hell, even the Amish can't survive without outsiders! 

Happy

If your sitting in the woods naked with squirrels.... watch your nuts :D

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Greg Massey

Quote from: Happy on August 17, 2016, 08:50:07 PM
LMBO....that was a dam good one Happy :TooFunny:

1iagobblergetter

Now that is funny.... :funnyturkey:

owlhoot

:gobble:
:TooFunny:  oh well thanks to OG we get plenty to spare , got a whole line of them!

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Its kind of like buying a turkey call made in china. It aint happening
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Happy on August 17, 2016, 08:30:32 PM
Haven't paid money to see any professional sporting event or entertainers since Barry Bonds and Andy van slyke played for the pirates. College sports and the little league play offs are about all I watch anymore.
Attaboy.

He's speaking from experience fellas. Those mountain squirrels are like ninjas. One minute all is well. The next, not so much.

Gooserbat

I made it a point long ago to by American as much as possible.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.