turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NWTF membership

Started by Life of Riley, July 05, 2016, 11:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

They do offer a TOD program if anyone is interested.   Yeah, that's on my to do list for tomorrow.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

guesswho

Quote from: Tail Feathers on July 06, 2016, 08:24:33 PM
TOD program?
Transfer On Death.    You can make them the beneficiary in case of your death.  They make it easy for you.  You can contact one of their development directors and they will help you set it up.   But you may have to pay for the legal forms.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tail Feathers

Quote from: guesswho on July 06, 2016, 09:03:26 PM
Quote from: Tail Feathers on July 06, 2016, 08:24:33 PM
TOD program?
Transfer On Death.    You can make them the beneficiary in case of your death.  They make it easy for you.  You can contact one of their development directors and they will help you set it up.   But you may have to pay for the legal forms.
I remember seeing that now.  I laughed.  Ummmm....no.  :anim_25: As much as I love turkey hunting, my family gets anything that's left.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

lmbhngr

I used to be a member and I used to go to the local banquet. The one thing that bothers me is the prizes got cheaper and cheaper every year. I haven't gone in a few years. Got involved with D.U. instead. Now the same thing is happening there also.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

It's an organization that has lost sight of its way and sold its soul in pursuit of corporate greed.

870FaceLift

I participated in our local chapter for a long time and served as president for a few years.  I noticed over time that our director became less focused on discussing our cause and creating fellowship and more honed in on how much money we could generate at our banquet.  I'll never forget how bitter he became when a Whitetails Unlimited chapter started in our area and some of us became dual members.  I also never saw one penny of the money raised stay local, which really bothered me.  We had several public hunting spots in our area that needed funding desperately.  Despite bringing both parties to the table, the NWTF had other plans with the funds we raised.  Honestly, my experience with the NWTF left me pretty sour.  Too bad there isn't another option.
Pass it on...

GobbleNut

Quote from: 870FaceLift on July 07, 2016, 09:30:59 AM
I participated in our local chapter for a long time and served as president for a few years.  I noticed over time that our director became less focused on discussing our cause and creating fellowship and more honed in on how much money we could generate at our banquet. 

Bingo!  ...And what they have failed to realize is that if they would just go back to making the volunteers feel appreciated and bring back that fellowship that used to exist, they would have much more support and be more successful in their fundraising.  Instead, that tunnel-vision approach that gives everyone the impression that money is their entire motive just continues to alienate many folks who used to be dedicated members. 

Greg Massey

I agree with some discussion and debate on funding NWTF. As a past president of our local chapter for several years we focused on raising money for our state and programs of NWTF. We work along side of our wildlife officials in funding needs like tracking equipment, 4 - wheelers, equipment need to plant food plots, etc. I attended meetings in Nashville to discuss on how money raised in Tenn would be distribute thru programs and needs throughout Tenn not just in our local chapter area. What we need to realize is some state local chapters don't have the ways or means to raise as much money as other areas of the same state. So we as chapters would help out all our local chapters in discussing all needs for the state in helping with all needs and money raised. All state chapters were also responsible in helping supply money to help with the Super Fund of NWTF. As a local chapter we always retained money in our local chapter bank account in helping our local wildlife programs and educating kids about needs of the wild turkeys thru Jake programs and field days. We also had a small fund set aside to help a fellow charter member or family in need with some kind of emergency needs.. It's a great organization and until you have attended meetings in your state on how your money is spend let's not be to quick to judge that the NWTF is not doing a good job.

Brian Fahs

I was a member back in the early 1980s. I dropped out about the time they built their new headquarters in Edgefield sc. My reasoning was the constant badgering for money. I love what they have done for turkey and the hunting opportunities they have created. I  try to do my  best to support their ideas and make the time to get kids into the sport. The good old days of turkey hunting are right now.

M Sharpe

No, the good ol' days of hunting were about the time you started!!!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

FL-Boss

As Clark mentioned.. when you count the bass pro gift card and magazine it's pretty much free.. not sure why this is even being debated.

lunghit

I enjoy the magazines and if some of my money helps in any way possible I am happy. I also joined the Ruffed Grouse Society and they have a great magazine and seem to do a lot with the money.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

ncturkey

Quote from: Hooksfan on July 06, 2016, 09:01:28 AM
Gobblenut expressed my sentiments in a much nicer way than I could have so I will just leave it at that.
If I had the funds, I would likely still be supportive, but as it is, any money I used to spend on NWTF, I spend it on actual hunting trips---most of which I am taking youth and other folks.
They do still have some good programs, and I still get involved from time to time with the JAKES program. The grassroots folks at the chapter levels are solid gold. I am just not into volunteering my time to make someone else rich any more. The former CEO was a crook, IMO. Hopefully new leadership is making a difference, but I am not around to know.
.  Which CEO was the Crook?

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: M Sharpe on July 09, 2016, 06:36:52 PM
No, the good ol' days of hunting were about the time you started!!!!

That's some funny chitttt right there.