OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How does everyone store their box calls offseason?

Started by HFultzjr, June 01, 2016, 09:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter1979

The tactical weatherproof cases

I have a sickness...

HFultzjr

mgm1955

Quote from: Hunter1979 on June 06, 2016, 08:34:58 PM

I have a sickness...
Just how I do mine. I understand your sickness all too well!!  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Marc

Quote from: Hunter1979 on June 06, 2016, 08:34:58 PM

I have a sickness...
That would not only be my storage case, it would be my "turkey hunting case."  One of the reasons I do not purchase more calls, is that I would need help carrying them all out.

And please forgive my ignorance, but what type of calls are on the bottom end of that case?
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Hunter1979

Which row?  The bottom calls on the first two rows are a Lonnie Sneed Outlaw Hen and Hot Hen.  The third row are Yingling cast cactus in copper and titanium. 4th row is a beard hunter 2 sider.

greencop01

:camohat:   I usually lightly pass a piece of green pad on the bottom of the lid and the rails of the sound boards. Do the same on my pots, slate and aluminum. Then I put them all in an antique wooden tool chest, which is in my living room.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

callmakerman

As much as my wife hates it I run calls year round. The dining room table will have pot calls and box calls on it whenever I'm home as I can't sit and watch TV without running a few calls. There's three long boxes on it as I type this and lucky for me she's working all weekend.http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/Smileys/classic/turkey2.gif

Flounder

That's me right there!! Wife working 4 tens next week.. I get to the mailbox @ 5:30 and play like the devil until 7:00. After that it's all outside and then back in the safe.

M Sharpe

Mine never get cleaned off, nor put away. I play them all year long!! 
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Yoder409

Yeah.................. there's really  NOT an offseason at my house.........

I have more or less commandeered the armoire in the bedroom as boxcall storage.  I walk by.......... I open......... I grab........... I run..........

My Mrs. has a wonderfully tolerant sense of humor.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

trkehunr93

The ones that were used in spring are still in my vest, the ones I don't use much are in a shoe box size storage container.  I have never stored my calls in any special way other than that. 

tha bugman

I leave them out just in case I get am itching to do a little light yelping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk