turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rem express #2

Started by Izzyjoe, May 13, 2016, 10:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzyjoe

A friend from work is in the process of moving, and is getting rid of a lot of stuff. He's downsizing and moving into a camper, he has a lot of old shotshells from years ago. There was a few of them that were #2 Express Rem, and a lot of old style AA winnys, and a few old paper hulls. Some of the old ones in good shape I'll keep, but the rest will be used for blasting. Im going to pattern some of those 2's at 40yds just for the hell of it, I never new they even made lead #2's!

surehuntsalot

yeah, they made lead 2's

I have some Winchester #2's for a 20ga and Remington's for a 12ga
got some lead BB loads for a 12ga also (heck of a coyote load)
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

owlhoot

Some states, Missouri for one doesn't allow 2's for turkey.
I used to slam coyotes with them when cutting them off in front of the hounds. Also killed a lot of geese before the great steel shot thing (that is scarcasm) and a few fall turkey on the wing back when you could still use them. I still have some around, dang they are old .

Izzyjoe

They didn't pattern good, guess cause they was old, but they all went bag! Some of the old Fed. #4 split the rims upon firing, that was kinda scary!

PineyRooster

never had luck with 2's ive tried tho.. I knew an old man that had an old A5 3" mag that would obliterate a pie plate at 40 yards it was unreal.. never seen them pattern like that before and I aint seen it since