turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Franchi affinity

Started by Browning4140, May 13, 2016, 10:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Browning4140

I think I have decided on a new shotgun after doing reading several reviews, and believe I am going to go with the franchi affinity. This gun will be used turkey, deer and ducks and anything else. Has anyone here had any experience with this gun either good or bad? It comes with a factory 7 year warranty which is a major plus and it's made by benelli. Thanks for any advice that you may be able to offer.

dejake

I love mine. I've had it for two seasons and I have no complaints.  Carlsons .575 choke, and Federal HW 7s and you're good to go.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Browning4140 on May 13, 2016, 10:12:48 AM
I think I have decided on a new shotgun after doing reading several reviews, and believe I am going to go with the franchi affinity. This gun will be used turkey, deer and ducks and anything else. Has anyone here had any experience with this gun either good or bad? It comes with a factory 7 year warranty which is a major plus and it's made by benelli. Thanks for any advice that you may be able to offer.
I have several readers who shoot those guns and chokes for them were very popular at the NWTF Convention this year. I have not heard anything negative. All were 12 gauge guns and like you, many folks use them for all types of shooting and hunting.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Captaintopwater

I've got one, can't say anything bad about it, my dad takes it every time he goes duck hunting, it's never missed a lick.  It shoots very good with a Primos Tightwad and LongBeard 5s and 6s.

kwild835

Only used the 20, but I loved it. 

Horrendo Revolver

I bought a 20 and a 12 when they first came out and never have had an issue.  Great shotguns IMO.
Assistant Secretary - U.S. Dry Bean Council

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: Horrendo Revolver on May 17, 2016, 03:16:23 AM
I bought a 20 and a 12 when they first came out and never have had an issue.  Great shotguns IMO.

Is your 20 and 12 both turkey guns or did you get the waterfowl sized ones? I am thinking about getting a 20 for waterfowl. Never used one for waterfowl, wondering if it would be adequate enough or not. I have shoulder issues, but use to love shooting skeet and going through a couple hundred rounds a day. No way I could do that with 12 gauge loads without some serious regret. I probably stop around 50 shells now. But 2 3/4" 20 gauge loads I can run all day from my 870 pump with 0 issues. I am thinking 3" 20 gauge loads out of a semi auto would be perfect.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Horrendo Revolver

They are the second and third shotguns from the left.  Both have 26" barrels.  They are not compact models.  I am recoil sensitive having had three shoulder operations and would not use my Affinitys for anything other than dove or quail using 1 1/8 oz loads.  I bought them knowing they would fit me well and they do so I shoot them well.  I also wear an Evo-Shield recoil reducing shirt that really helps.  The other shotguns in the picture have less recoil including the Weatherby's.  They should since they are gas.  Since that picture was taken I've added a SA-08 Waterfowler and a FABARM L4S.  The FABARM has the least amount of recoil.  My Weatherby's are pretty light recoiling too and cost around the same as the Affinity.  For me if the shotgun doesn't fit right I just flat out can't shoot it.  My shotguns have to have a DAC 1.5" and DAH of 2.25" for me to shoot them well.  Or need to be able to be shimmed to those measurements.  The only shotgun I still have that doesn't fall within those parameters is my Maxus which my son has commandeered.

I got a SA-459 Turkey 20 gauge a few weeks ago too that I'm pretty happy with.  For under a grand a Weatherby is hard to beat and they are known for having light recoil.  The Affinty is just as good, possibly better but at the expense of more recoil.  The Affinity is totally adaquate for waterfowl, I just don't want the recoil, I bought the SA-08 Waterfowler for that.
Assistant Secretary - U.S. Dry Bean Council

Longshanks

What are the four guns on the right side?