OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Commercial box call you would HUNT with!!!

Started by Happy hooker, May 10, 2016, 07:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

I have a lot of commercial boxes and I really like the one I got this year from HS Strut. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiefBubba

Last year I had a guided hunt in TX. Checking the weather I see 100% chance of rain. So I decide to leave all calls at home. I go to Cabelas in TX. I buy a Primos Wet box and a couple others. I ended up calling in two gobblers with that Wet box. No decoys no nothing just that box. Not quite the same but pretty interesting. Chief

Dr Juice

Quote from: wvmntnhick on May 17, 2016, 11:54:37 AM
For years, will Primos could have spit in a bottle, slapped his name on it and told me it attracted deer by the thousands. I'd have bought it. The only calls I have now that aren't custom still carry the Primos name. Guess you could say I'm a sucker but if I'm buying anything production for myself, it'll be a Primos. The box cutter was my go to box for years. Recently, I've played with a "hook up" box that sounded awesome. Either of those could ride with me in a pinch.
Concur brother. The box cutter and hook up are my two favorite box calls.

KansasGobbler

Primos Double box cutter and the old heartbreaker...very nice calls that birds loved!!! You can still get great deals on the double box cutter. Sportsman's Guide was selling them for $8.99 last week and had them in stock.

HFultzjr

I almost always seem to have a place in my vest for a very old Lynch Foolproof 101. Also have  a very good sounding Woodhaven Realhen Cherry, although it costs as much or more than some good custom calls. I bought it before I knew better! Good call, but money could be better spent on a custom.
:newmascot:

english professor

Any of the Cody One-Siders, especially Southern Belle (Pine), are great calls.

Also, bagged my first Eastern with a Woodhaven Cherry Real Hen.

I also agree about the early Lynch boxes.

Marc

Primos Heartbreaker
Lynch Fool Proof

Either or both of these calls are worth having in the vest.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

tha bugman

Primos little heartbreaker

tha bugman

Quote from: KansasGobbler on May 26, 2016, 09:50:14 AM
Primos Double box cutter and the old heartbreaker...very nice calls that birds loved!!! You can still get great deals on the double box cutter. Sportsman's Guide was selling them for $8.99 last week and had them in stock.
If shipping is free that's a good deal!

Jim K

For me, it's a Primos Lil Heartbreaker. I'd love to have a custom box that has the whine on the front end like my Lil Heartbreaker has. I have a bunch of boxes but none I like as well as that one.

slwayne

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: trkehunr93 on May 10, 2016, 09:57:39 PM
Lynch fool proof.  I've had mine since 1994, helped in the demise of many a turkey.

x2
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

mspaci

Ive also done very well with a Lynch Raspy Hen, that they dont make anymore.  Mike

sixbird

Box cutter hands down...I've killed more turkeys with that call than any production call I've ever owned!

Life of Riley

I bought a double box cutter and according to the description and picture on the cabelas website there are thumb grooves on each side of the box for cutting. Mine had no thumb grooves. Seems like a decent box though.