turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Easy Question about SA459 20 gauge turkey with pistol grip

Started by OldSwamper, May 02, 2016, 04:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL-Boss

Exactly my thoughts .. it's a shotgun, not a 300 mag.  Never really bothered me...

Quote from: TauntoHawk on May 04, 2016, 10:47:51 AM
the trigger isnt ideal but its a turkey gun and a heavy pull isnt nearly as important as a rifle and 300+ yd shots.

how expensive is trigger work

g8rvet

That makes sense Gophert.  Just wondered what every one was talking about. I don't notice anything unusual about mine at all, nor does anyone that has shot it, so I reckon it is fine. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

codym

Mine is 7 1/2 pounds on a 6 pound gun plus tons of creep. It's easy to pull off a bird when the trigger pull is that long and heavy. Just my thoughts, but I have killed 4 birds with it this year one at 42 yards so it still gets it done.

Horrendo Revolver

Quote from: TauntoHawk on May 04, 2016, 10:47:51 AM
the trigger isnt ideal but its a turkey gun and a heavy pull isnt nearly as important as a rifle and 300+ yd shots.

how expensive is trigger work

Everyone has their idiosyncrasies and one of mine is triggers.  I'll be having mine worked on.  I'm lucky in that my gunsmith is in Ponder about eight miles from me.  His name is Larry Pockrus, he's very good, has a fast turnaround and his rates are excellent.  He's charged $45.00 for the other trigger work he's done for me.
Assistant Secretary - U.S. Dry Bean Council

Horrendo Revolver

Picked mine up from the gunsmith Friday.  It now has a crisp 3.5 lb pull. Well worth $45.00 to me.
Assistant Secretary - U.S. Dry Bean Council

Fullfan

Quote from: codym on May 03, 2016, 10:55:22 PM
Quote from: Horrendo Revolver on May 03, 2016, 08:13:57 PM
Picked mine up Friday.  The trigger pull is very heavy with tons of creep.  A horrible trigger.  I'm surprise because the our two SA-08's have excellent triggers IMO.  Will be sending the trigger off to be worked on this week.

This is mine too. I need to send it off after the season is over.

I just picked up two of the lill 20 ga, and the triggers were terrible. Work on them is now being done..
Don't gobble at me...