OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First bird and I'm hooked

Started by bulian82, April 25, 2016, 10:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulian82

Well I want to start by saying that I have been hunting since I was a little kid always deer, squirrel, and rabbit hunting and finally decided to try turkey hunting this year. Well I went all of last week with a buddy seeing quite a few but never got the chance to seal the deal. Well today it happened, we got set up early and had five gobbling around us before day break. At 610 I heard something walking in the woods behind us and it finally came in the field. The Tom stopped, looked to his left at the decoys and puffed up a few times and came running to the jake decoy. The bird walked around the decoy twice and while my buddy was saying wait to see what he does I fired and at 620 it was all over. The bird ended up weighing 22.5 pounds with a 10" beard and 1 1/14 inch Spurs. I am tickled to death to have the opportunity to take a bird like this let alone as my first bird and to do it on public land. All I can say is I will be in the woods as much as I can during the spring from now on.

bulian82

redjones

Congrats on your first,it only gets better from here.

Greg
Semper Fi

WisTurk

Nice!  I remember my first bird quite fondly and that rush of having a bird in front of you just never gets old.

owlhoot

Oh no !  you went and done it now.
congrats on your bird  :icon_thumright:

mgm1955

Congrats! Enjoy your new addiction!

Dr Juice

Welcome to our addiction. Enjoy the ride for many years to come. Congrats.

strutnrut

Congrats on your first hope you get many more. You sure going to spend a lot of money trying  :icon_thumright:

Izz74

Good for u! Off to a great start!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

greencop01

:camohat:     Welcome to the ranks of a fine and pleasant misery and to the Tenth Legion !!!!!!                   

:wagon:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

dejake

Oh man, you better get that bad boy mounted.  It works like that every time you go out. This turkey hunting business is easy.  You'll see!!!

Hookinembig

Its not a addiction its a disease good luck dealing with it. It haunts all of us everyday. Just kidding but it really does haunt you. Great job on the bird and keep it up. Hopefully they will all go down like that but don't get discouraged if they don't!

turkey buster

Congrats on your first turkey!!! Now on behalf of the Oldgobbler website I apologize for your future lack of bank account funds to follow.

tomstopper

Congrats on your first and a good one at that.

TRG3

Welcome to turkey hunting. To paraphrase an old saying, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to hunt turkeys and you can sell him camo clothing, decoys, calls, shells, videos, special chairs, permits, out-of-state hunts, etc." But, what-the-hey, it's a great way to enjoy spring time and hopefully bring home some great eating!