OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Things seem to work out sometimes

Started by RS, April 20, 2016, 08:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RS

After a couple of missed opportunities opening weekend here in NC, I was able to call this gobbler in mid morning last Saturday after a hen had went to him at flydown and took him in the opposite direction. I used the Primos Batty World Class slate call my late Dad had given me almost 25 years ago when I first started messing around with turkeys and one of his home made strikers he gave me a few years ago. As coincidence would have it we just closed my Dad's estate last week and he and my also deceased Mom have really been on mind a whole lot lately. Funny how things work out sometimes.

Farmboy27

No doubt that your dad was with you on that day!  Congrats!

maytom

WTG on a great hunt. I'm sure your dad was smiling down on you!!!

ncwoodsman

SteelerFan

Dr Juice

Spitten and drummen

congrats on a fine bird and great story
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

RutnNStrutn

Congrats to you!! :icon_thumright:
I can totally relate to that story. My Dad, who is the one who got me into hunting, passed away 3 years ago. I was able to track down his Browning A5 and buy it back. I used it this spring to harvest my first gobbler with Dad's gun. I'm sure your Dad was looking down on you and smiling as you used his call and striker to harvest your gobbler. :icon_thumright:

owlhoot

101st501

bmhern

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

grayfox

Congrats to you buddy. Know the feeling you get when things like that happen. I called my first bird up using a Lynch Jet Slate that belonged to my dad. It just makes a hunt like that so very special.

mgm1955

Quote from: Farmboy27 on April 20, 2016, 08:32:25 AM
No doubt that your dad was with you on that day!  Congrats!
Nice story!!

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny