Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Red dot Scope or reflex sight for Benelli SBE II - opinions needed

Started by foxred1962, April 18, 2016, 07:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxred1962

I am looking to gather opinions on red dot scopes and or reflex sights.... I have a weaver 93a rail for my SBE and want everyone's opinions since these sights can be a significant investment. I already have a Simmons pro diamond on my 870 and I like it but with it sitting high on the saddle mount it completely changes the feel of the gun and makes it heavier and top heavy.

So for my Benelli I am looking for the tiny lightweight red dots and reflex sights. I am looking along the lines of the Bushnell trs-25, Truglo, FFIII, and the vortex venom. After I looked at the Truglo trubrite I was afraid of the front mirrored finish and the glare it would show an incoming gobbler.

Price is a concern but I also know that you get what you pay for. The major plus on the reflex sights appears to be the automatic shutoff because I know I will forget to turn the scope off from time to time. So please give me all opinions that are out there. Which sight has the quickest target acquisition if you have to point and shoot? Also which will fit best on my weaver rail? Which option is best from first light to the full sun at mid day? These are all the things going through my head that I cannot answer never being a user.

Thanks

sixbird

I wouldn't hesitate on a Fast Fire III, 3 moa...Great sight. Light weight and durable. Cabelas had them on sale last week for $199...

foxred1962

sixbird

I think they'll attach to any weaver style base...Check me on that but I'm pretty sure...

CrustyRusty

Id look at the vortex also.  It has the same footprint as the fastfire so you can use the protector.  The venom has about 10 intensity levels and the burris only 3.

I have the burris, but wish I had gotten the venom because only three settings doesnt always cover my needs

sixbird

I've never had an issue with lighting with the Fast Fire, bright or dark...The auto function pretty takes care of all of it. I generally use the second intensity and can't recall an instance where I had a problem...Not a criticism of Rusty's comment. Everybody has different opinions and viewpoints. For me, more intensity adjustments wouldn't be a consideration since Fast Fire covers all the situations that I've encountered...
You probably wouldn't go wrong with either...

TauntoHawk

have the Fast fire II and the Fast Fire III on different turkey guns.. the reflex sight is the way to go can shoot both eyes open with full field of vision. doesn't add any weight, battery last years
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>