turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If You Could Only Pick 1...

Started by AC HAMMER, April 04, 2016, 12:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

There are so many I haven't hunted it would be hard to say.  I would love to hunt those beautiful rolling hills of NY, TN is beautiful, TX has so many Rios, but so does OK...thank goodness I don't have to choose!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Turkeyman11

I would have to say New Mexico.  Nothing like chasing those Merriams in thousands of acres of public, Ponderosa covered land. 

Tennessee Lead

I'd stay home in Tennessee with hard gobbling Eastern's.

Ozark870Hunter

No place I'd rather chase birds than the Missouri Ozarks.
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

captpete

To be honest I have only hunted turkeys in Iowa, so it is hard to say. Although it isn't the "go-to" place for turkey, I would probably stay here. I have access to several pieces of private property and don't have to deal with the crawling nasty things a lot you have to in other states...I HATE snakes!!

tomstopper

Tough one. I would place PA, OH, & NY in a hat and draw one out to decide......

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Spitten and drummen

im from Mississippi and we have a lot of birds , but I would pick Alabama. they have a five bird limit and a long season. that is if I could hunt private land.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

jg

Moss tennessee  right on cumberland river....turkey creek road   massive amounts of heavy toms  the best hunting I have ever been invoved in
Ozark beard busters

Happy

Wv is my favorite of the two states I have hunted. Would really like to try Virginia sometime and possibly  the Ozarks of Missourri. Love hunting mountain easterns.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

kyturkeyhunter4

Kentucky! I love chasing this longbeards in this mountains.

Gooserbat

The one with the most librial tags.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

870supermagnum

I've only hunted NE Florida and SE Georgia.  I truly enjoy hunting the swamps, creek bottoms, and oak hammocks around here, but I'd love to hunt in locations others have mentioned. For now, I'm sticking with the Easterns and Osceolas.

stinkpickle

Probably Iowa...or Missouri...or Kansas...or Wisconsin...or Nebraska...or Texas...   Wait, maybe Hawaii!  ;)

wvlimbhanger

I would stay here in my home state of WV because of a combination of familiarity and thundering gobbles from these easterns.