turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Camo guns

Started by brimmyfish, March 31, 2016, 06:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grayfox

I've had both & I really like camo guns. Enough that I had my Beretta dipped & now on my 870 turkey gun I put the Mossy Oak Graphics vinyl skin on it. But the turkeys could care less.

Longshanks

Full camo gets my vote, especially hunting high pressured gobblers.

dejake

Of course camo is necessary.  It's a fashion accessory.

THattaway

Camo guns make me feel more ninja-like. Killed toms with every finish mentioned here. Before parkerized and camo finishes were available I used camo tape on gloss guns to eliminate shine, same reason I've always used face masks and gloves. Some folks think they are hunting on a higher difficulty level using a gloss gun I guess but I still see many of them post an 60-80 yard patterns. Makes me laugh. :)
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Farmboy27

Quote from: dejake on April 19, 2016, 09:38:54 AM
Of course camo is necessary.  It's a fashion accessory.
Lol!!  That pretty well sums it up!  If a bird can pick out that 4 inch wide 40 inch long gun, he's gonna pick out the big lump that's holding it!  As long as the gun isn't glaring like a mirror, the camo on it doesn't mean a thing. And don't think for a minute that I don't like camo guns. Most of my turkey guns were camo. But it has always been a "cool" factor and far from a necessity.