OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Smart/ unpredictable public bird

Started by NFW, March 31, 2016, 12:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFW

Well boys he finally slipped up on the last weekend, this past week I'd had him at 100 yard 3 times but he was with a hen and just wouldn't leave her side. Finally Saturday I actually hunted another buddies place with no luck but since it was so nasty that morning I knew they probably wouldn't get hot till later that morning. Went out there at 12 where he had been strutting all up and down the rd for the past 3 days, sat down did one little tree Yelp and not 2 min later he was at 15yd, he was right around the bend in the rd, and laid a 3-1/2 xr at him. Must say I don't think I've ever hunted a bird this hard but to finally kill him on the last weekend on public ground it was very satisfying, as my girlfriend was with me I tried to get her to shoot him, but luck had it that I couldnt wait any longer as there was a bush between her and the bird, and he was about ready to bust so I had to go ahead and pull the trigger, even though she was really and I mean really upset, still glad I got to knock this bird down after i don't know how many hours of hunting and close encounters. Luckily GA season is still in so I had to promise her she gonna get first shot up there.

Surprising enough he's just a 2 year old had 9" beard and 1" and 7/8" Spurs.

I'd throw in a pic but it's not letting me do it like I use to since I guess I can't change out of jpeg