turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 ga. 870 youth ready to hunt

Started by agent eight seven O, March 30, 2016, 02:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent eight seven O

I got the 20 ga. 870 youth ready to go. I have a Limbsaver slip on recoil pad on it to get the proper length of pull. TruGlo pro series sights and using a Jellyhead Max choke. I settled on Federal strut shok #5 ammo. I also tried Remington Nitro, Winchester XX, Triple Beards, Federal Premium, and Third Degree. All of these shells would work at my 30 yard max range, but the Strut Shok was the most consistent and even pattern.

Greg Massey

Sounds like you have got it ready for turkey season. You will really like that 20 ga...Good luck..To get the best out of that gun you may want to look into a better choke like a Sumtoy or Trulock...

Spring Fever

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 30, 2016, 06:01:59 PM
Sounds like you have got it ready for turkey season. You will really like that 20 ga...Good luck..To get the best out of that gun you may want to look into a better choke like a Sumtoy or Trulock...

x2

chatterbox

Quote from: Spring Fever on March 30, 2016, 07:24:04 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on March 30, 2016, 06:01:59 PM

x2
X3. If you can, get some Federal Heviweight 3-1.5-7's.
I agree with the above choke selections, but would also add the SSX .550. Great choke with the Heviweight 7's.
No matter what, have a safe and enjoyable season!