News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Grand slam complete on public land

Started by nontypical766, March 29, 2016, 07:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2hunt

Quote from: Strick9 on March 29, 2016, 10:47:26 AM

I approve of this Post!! Great job, No easy Turkeys for you guys!! Now delete the name of the National Forest where you killed them pretty please!
X2. There's always enough pressure without advertising.
But congrats as well !!!
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

OldSchool

Congrats to you both!! Nice birds!! :icon_thumright:

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

davisd9

Quote from: Strick9 on March 29, 2016, 10:47:26 AM
Though I manage and consult for a fair amount of private and can hunt most of it , I rarely do.. I love hunting public land for its challenges.

I approve of this Post!! Great job, No easy Turkeys for you guys!! Now delete the name of the National Forest where you killed them pretty please!

Only 100,000+ acres here so I am sure that it will get beat up.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mgm1955

Hookinembig

grayfox

Job well done! Congrats to both of you.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Drthorn

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Dr Juice

bmhern

ddturkeyhunter

CONGRATS,SSSS Guys You hit the right spot to hunt, try and keep it a secrete. But you have already increased your competition for next time, by saying National Forest. For anyone planning on going to Florida to hunt public land to complete there slam for the first time, it isn't always that easy. The first year I flew down there in 2009 I rented a car and tented in a WMA with no success, except for a lot of good and bad memories, like the second day when someone shot my decoy. I completed my first public slam the next year. I went back down in 2013 getting another bird, and just returned from florida this week after tagging out on pubic land. The place I hunted this year there was 187 hunters that passed through the gates at five and 7 turkeys were shot. The second days 144 hunters and three turkeys shot, one was mine. the following weekend I tagged out. If You are from MN you know how crazy it can be on public land WMA on open day pheasent hunting, times that by four. Thats how much pressure there are on some of the area's our southern's Boys have to hunt ever year. Not all YANKEYS are assholes, so thanks for the great hospitality and turkeys, and I will be back In a few years.
Sorry for high jacking your post guys, and congrats!!! on your turkeys and finding a great spot to hunt!!!

jepcho

That is a real accomplishment man! Congrats!

SteelerFan

RutnNStrutn