turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New snake boots = blisters OUCH

Started by turkey buster, March 24, 2016, 09:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hookinembig

If you already have the blisters then put a large band aid with some triple antibiotic ointment over the blister so it doesn't stick then the tape over top. When I used to hike more often and owned my lawn company this is what I would do to break in the new boots. Good luck Saturday.

boatpaddle

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on March 25, 2016, 04:23:38 AM

Quote from: boatpaddle on March 24, 2016, 11:17:11 PM
Cut the center out of your moleskin so it's a bit bigger then your blisters...If need be, you can add a second layer with the center cut out...

The boot won't rub your sore blisters, because of the moleskin....The center of the moleskin being cut out, keeps the blister from having any type pressure on it....

NEVER use petroleum products on blisters......It irritates the skin even more, plus it could cause a terrible infection....

If there is seam with stitching the heal of the boot......Cover it with a piece of duct tape....

To break in a pair of boots to form fit your foot......Fill each boot about 3/4 full of warm water. Wear a pair of sock's like you normally would wear...Walk with the boots for about an hour or so....
    This will soften the leather enough to form fit your feet....Pour the water out, stuff the boots full of newspaper and let dry for a couple of days....Sounds crazy, but it works...

I did this to every pair of jungle or jump boots, while I was in the Army....

You don't put petroleum on the blister.

You put moleskin on the blister or abraded area and then a light coat of petroleum jelly on the surface of the moleskin.

This was what we did as athletes in high school and college and it's what I've done for breaking in any problematic hunting boot.

Misunderstood....My bad....
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

bmhern

Moleskin,  get it at your drug store. It works!!

GED6531

I made the mistake one time of wearing regular hunting socks with snake boots and it rubbed blisters. Snake boot socks are the way to go; I haven't had a problem since.

turkey buster