OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another Knife Project....

Started by pappy, March 22, 2016, 07:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

This is one beautiful knife No Brag Just Fact...I got the blank from Alabama Damascus Knife Manufacturers out of Jacksonville Alabama it is likened to one of the old Sharp Finger knives of the 80's ...the steel is (4) layers of 5160 oil hardening high carbon,  (3) layers 203E low carbon nickel steel, (3) layers of 52100, and (3) layers of 15N20.  The steel is forged out and folded 5 times to give you 416 layers. Look at the layers! 416.....now that is what I am talking about...the overall length is 7-1/4" with a 3-1/8" blade sharp as a tack too! I made the handle out of Snakewood with Yellowheart spacers next to the blade and the rivets were nickel plated but I wanted to match the yellowheart so I sanded the plating off to get to the brass color...ain't she sweet?
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Happy

That's beautiful. The sharp finger is one heck of a skinning knife.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Dr Juice

They're sweet looking Pappy. Are they for sale? If so, PM with specifics. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutfisher13111

outdoors

JACK THAT ONE VERY SHARP , I DO MEAN SHARP LOOKING KNIFE.  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

pappy

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an and what I like it is all American made...I just found a sheath for it too...forgot i had it!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

lmbhngr

You are a very talented man Pappy!!

snapper1982

tomstopper

Wow. Great craftsmanship. They look awesome

mikejd

Looks great. I love the old sharpfingers.

WNCTracker

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

bammerslammer 50

Fisher62

That's a looker right there. I would like to have a knife with a Damascus steel blade. Will you be making any to sell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eorlando

Damn jack  that is real nice. I would also like to know if you're going to have any of these for sale. PM me and let me know please