OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Playing calls inside

Started by Flounder, March 21, 2016, 08:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmn2

I practice mouth calls in the truck on the way to and from work. Pots, she doesn't complain much. Box call is off limits in the house. So I wait until she goes somewhere to run that inside. She doesn't complain much. Unless I use a box call in the house while she's home. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobble!

My wifes been complaining about it since we started dating.

DawgsFan1

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones too. My wife doesn't say anything when I play calls in the house. However, I did learn this year not to ask which one sounds better. Made that mistake and she told me they all sounded equally bad. Then she laughed. She thought she was real funny. Had to go out in the backyard just to get the neighbor's pet turkey to gobble for me. Of course he gobbles at most anything. So she might be right.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

OldSchool

I can't call I the house much. My girlfriend doesn't mind it, but the dog barks non stop and the cat's go nuts, which drives me nuts. Sounds better to me outside anyway.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Cut N Run

I think there's something in that extra chromosome that reacts poorly to turkey calling indoors.  Mine has a horse addiction that keeps her busy at the barn, so I just practice when she's gone.  I practice with mouth calls when I'm driving.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Tail Feathers

I go into the bedroom and shut the door.  I'm sure the sound carries through but she tolerates it. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

My wife doesn't say much about it.  That's one of the reasons I married her.

davisd9

I prefer to run calls outside, prefer in the woods so I go behind the house. When I do play inside she does not say anything, but my wife is a special lady and I am a lucky husband.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Happy

My wife is fine with it. As a matter of fact she buys me more calls! Now when my 5 year old is running around with a box call sounding like a hen jacked up on red Bull is another story. I get "that look" then.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

BowBendr

This is the exact reason I built the 18x20 "garage-mahal" out back of the house. Shop, man cave, deer cooler and beer drinking hangout for my addictions...;)

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

JK Spurs

Quote from: BowBendr on March 22, 2016, 08:32:59 PM
This is the exact reason I built the 18x20 "garage-mahal" out back of the house. Shop, man cave, deer cooler and beer drinking hangout for my addictions...;)

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

Amen! What every man needs and deserves to have.
I like my turkey well peppered