OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Weatherby SA-459 Turkey, non-vent rib choke help please.

Started by Isomaad, March 20, 2016, 11:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isomaad

A friend just bought the 12 ga Weatherby SA-459 Turkey that is the older model with the ghost ring setup and no vent rib.  They haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.  Can anybody give me some suggestions on a good choke for the 3" Longbeard #6's?  Our season starts in a little less than two weeks so I was hoping to have a backup plan in place in case the factory choke isn't very good.  Thanks guys!

Philippe

Im in the process of picking one up as well and cant figure out if it uses the Beretta/Benelli Mobil system or the Browning/Win/Invector system

Philippe

Quote from: Philippe on March 20, 2016, 11:07:34 PM
Im in the process of picking one up as well and cant figure out if it uses the Beretta/Benelli Mobil system or the Browning/Win/Invector system

Ok! So answered my own question!

http://www.weatherby.com/products/shotguns/choke-tube-guide.html

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Isomaad on March 20, 2016, 11:01:38 PM
A friend just bought the 12 ga Weatherby SA-459 Turkey that is the older model with the ghost ring setup and no vent rib.  They haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.  Can anybody give me some suggestions on a good choke for the 3" Longbeard #6's?  Our season starts in a little less than two weeks so I was hoping to have a backup plan in place in case the factory choke isn't very good.  Thanks guys!

You have a pretty wide choice of manufacturers and variety of exit diameters. The Hevi-13 choke has been a winner for many of my readers with those shells as has been the SSX.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Isomaad

Quote from: allaboutshooting on March 21, 2016, 02:02:19 PM
Quote from: Isomaad on March 20, 2016, 11:01:38 PM

You have a pretty wide choice of manufacturers and variety of exit diameters. The Hevi-13 choke has been a winner for many of my readers with those shells as has been the SSX.

Thanks,
Clark
Thanks Clark!  Between the two chokes that you referenced along with the Indian Creek BDS, which one would you choose to try first with the SA-459 that I mentioned along with the #6 LB's?  Thanks again!