turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Persimmon pot and tulip wood striker

Started by skimerhorn, March 16, 2016, 09:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skimerhorn

Does anyone know a good call maker I can get a persimmon pot and tulip wood striker from? I've heard good things about both and would like to give them a try

Gobbleandgrunt

Derrick stuckey from obsession custom calls makes great strikers.

tha bugman

Ol Yelper

Don't know about the Persimmon pot but Fred Cox, Grand Slam Turkey Calls makes a great Tulipwood striker.

letinmfly

Give Tim Cosby a call.  He's a callmaker from AL who cuts his own Pecan and matches up his calls with a one piece striker.  I have a glass call from him with a Tulipwood striker that runs real easy and sounds great.
Try this number is 334-562-3124 or 334-398-4711
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

gaswamp

Does Tim still make calls?
Quote from: letinmfly on March 22, 2016, 08:08:42 PM
Give Tim Cosby a call.  He's a callmaker from AL who cuts his own Pecan and matches up his calls with a one piece striker.  I have a glass call from him with a Tulipwood striker that runs real easy and sounds great.

ChesterCopperpot

Buster Halford for the persimmon pot. Jeff Harrison (JLH) for the tulipwood. Plus them two fellows go hand in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

x2 on buster persimmon pot, red or green slate.

letinmfly

letinmfly

Quote from: gaswamp on April 20, 2021, 07:33:45 PM
Does Tim still make calls?
Quote from: letinmfly on March 22, 2016, 08:08:42 PM

I heard that he no longer is making calls.  I'm assuming the info I was given is correct.

Sir-diealot

Footballer made me this persimmon set that all play very well.

I got this nice tulipwood striker from JHL or JLH I always mess that up.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on April 20, 2021, 07:44:19 PM
Buster Halford for the persimmon pot. Jeff Harrison (JLH) for the tulipwood. Plus them two fellows go hand in hand.

X2,3,4

Gog1015

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 20, 2021, 09:56:01 PM

X2,3,4

X5 both awesome!

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Gog1015 on April 21, 2021, 09:30:48 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on April 20, 2021, 09:56:01 PM

X2,3,4

X5 both awesome!
X6.  I have a red slate persimmon pot from Buster and a new tulipwood striker I really like from JLH.  Obsession game calls have some nice tulipwood strikers as do Bill Lyman and Hooks (Neal Herrman).  I have tulipwood strikers from all of them.  I actually have one from Derek Fowler as well come to think of it...
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Caspar

x-7 on the Buster persimmon slate and JLH tulipwood striker. Jeffs tulipwood striker hasn left my vest since i bought it. Larrys persimmon/red slate will probably never leave my vest either along with his osage/glass over slate