Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I missed what would have been my first gobbler.

Started by Danger DAve, April 01, 2011, 09:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danger DAve

I have an aperture type rear midway down the vent rib.   It has two fibre optic inserts.  Not to say I still may have looked up.

Kylongspur88

Missing is part of it. One of my most memorable misses was on a huge fall gobbler. I pulled the trigger and saw a sapling about 10ft away explode as it caught the whole wad of #4. Tunnel vision, I never noticed that dang tree.

guesswho

I'd like to have all my shells back from misses.  I wouldn't have to buy any for the next couple of years.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

BIGBOB

Probably the only people who say they havent missed are either new hunters or liars. Concentrate on your sights not the bird and squeeze the trigger like a rifle don't jerk. Don't worry you will get it done. IT IS TOO EASY TO LOOK AT THE BIRD AND NOT THE SIGHTS. GOOD LUCK

Danger DAve

Good points Bob.  In my mind I was picturing him flopping around on the ground.  I was thunderstruck when he flew off.  It was like a bad dream.

sonar83

Been there, done that. It just means you have to spend some more time in the woods, and that is a good thing!  It sounds like you have a good spot.  I missed my first one, me and my buddy went back to the same spot the next morning and got a turkey......