OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gloves for 2016 season?

Started by Flounder, March 11, 2016, 10:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flounder

Need help saving a buck? Give me your recommendations. Hot weather.
Flounder

jed clampett

If it was real hot...i would use the face paint on my hands..gives me better control of my strikers..if I wear gloves its usually just the cheap camo or brown jersey with the little nobbies on them. I am not sure but I  thought I seen some camo netting gloves with cuffs in Midwest turkey catalog

Greg Massey

For cool weather i keep a pair of the cheap cotton gloves in my bag and for warmer weather i have a camo pair of the cheap mesh type gloves ,,,i always carry both and the same with mask..

PALongspur

Check out Mack's Prairie Wings liner gloves, they're on sale right now for $5.99.

I also like the Manzella Snake.

tha bugman

Ol' Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

$3.99 for a pack of 3 pairs of cotton jersey gloves at the dollar store. That's often what I grab. It's worked well for me in the past.

bammerslammer 50

Has anybody ever used the camo mechanix gloves? I thought about trying them this year.

hrpp20

If you are not picky about the pattern of camo, you can get the popular deer season patterns on clearance for 3-5 dollars at Walmart

ilbucksndux

Brown jersey gloves with a couple fingers cut off have always worked for me.
Gary Bartlow

nativeks

Quote from: bammerslammer 50 on March 12, 2016, 05:27:12 AM
Has anybody ever used the camo mechanix gloves? I thought about trying them this year.
Wear them every day at work. I am gonna hunt with them this year.

Spring Creek Calls

These are the gloves I use. Seems like l have to buy a new pair every year as I lose one. Got the rubber grip stuff on the fingers / palms and has the material on index finger and thumb for using your phone. Bought these at Wally World.

Tap pictures to enlarge.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Gooserbat

I use the Ol' Tom gloves.  The Primos stretch fit are another good option but the last pair I had didn't seem to last as well as the first. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

OldSchool

Like a lot of the others, I generally just use the lightweight brown Jersey gloves. Here in NY, especially early in the season, it can be colder than a witches behind when I head out and hot enough later in the morning that at times I think I'm going to spontaneously combust. When it starts getting hot, I keep the gloves off til I have a bird on the way.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Fan Club

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on March 13, 2016, 10:34:20 AM
These are the gloves I use. Seems like l have to buy a new pair every year as I lose one. Got the rubber grip stuff on the fingers / palms and has the material on index finger and thumb for using your phone. Bought these at Wally World.

Tap pictures to enlarge.

Yep. (Turkey Thugs, $9.95 at Wally's) Form fitting to work your calls or text, and spandex so if it's cold I wear Thermax glove liners under them. Can't be beat. I used to pay much more for Cabela's Camo Skinz until these came out.

"Really, it's just like a musical instrument. If I'd have spent the same amount of time practicin' the piano as I have practicin' turkey calls, I'd be as good as Liberace."  Ben Rogers Lee