OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

question for the vestless guys on here

Started by bigbird, March 09, 2016, 02:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbird

what's your setup? How do you get your stuff in and out and orderly? I'm looking at a tom teaser bag but can't decide on a seat, chairs are to bulky looking more for just a good cushion. Open to any suggestion's! All I carry in is 2 pots 3 strikers 2 thermacells and my diaphrams in a case already. Oh and a owl hooter. 

Gobspur

Well I wear I vest, LOL.  But I thought I'd share if it can help you out.  Might take a look at these.  Gives you a seat cushion and enough room to carry what you do.  http://www.cabelas.com/product/Beard-Buster-Run-and-Gun-Turkey-Belt/1324016.uts

ChiefBubba

I carry the lounger with me on every hunt so I use a pretty good size fanny pack with shoulder straps. I have an Alps fanny pack that has a backpack rolled up in the top but I don't like that one. It's heavy and doesn't carry as much. Chief

paboxcall

I wear carry a fanny pack with shoulder straps, and attach a foam seat cushion to the bottom.  I drop the fanny pack  and spin it, and sit right down on the seat with the pack in front of me.  Easy, and I carry about 36 pounds less gear in the fanny pack than my older Super Elite II.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

TKE921

I carry a badlands super day pack.  Everything goes in the bag, calls, extra clothes, decoy, etc.  I have pruners and calls in the two side compartments.  I also carry a browning turkey seat and a primos trigger stick.  The last 2 items get strapped to the bag with the built in buckle closures.

Everything is silent when I walk and the camo bag serves as a nice "table" to lay my pot calls and strikers on when I am set up.  Mouth calls are carried in a primos mouthcall case that I wear like a necklace and pendant.

Yoder409

I wear a belt pack just big enough that a long box fits in the biggest pocket if you push it in.  I snap a removable seat cushion from one of my hang on stands to the pack belt.  My slate and one striker fits in the back of the divided big pocket along with a flat pack of wet wipes, a scuff pad and a piece of boxcall chalk in a Ziploc bag.      When I set up I unsnap the cushion and sit down and put the belt pack beside my right leg.   I keep a Skoal can in my breast pocket with a couple diaphragms in it.

Pretty simple and light way to git r done.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

MK M GOBL

This carries everything I need, got rid of the vest awhile ago.

MK M GOBL

appalachianassassin

well, I paint my face(no headnet). only calls I carry are a trumpet around my neck and a case of mouthcalls in my pocket. that's really all you need. I used to wear the vest and carry a bunch of junk. ditched it 3 years ago and will never look back.

tha bugman

Fowlhunter247

Ol'Tom has pants and shirt that's perfect for vestless people. Has plenty of pockets for all the calls you need

born2hunt

I have a small waist pack that carries all my "must have items " or the things i know I'll probably be reaching for  which are a few diaphragms, 1-2 pots, three strikers, couple locators, range finder, gloves, head net and thermacell. I also wear a light back pack that carries a hydration bladder, a light cushion  and any other stuff I may or may not need. Now I hunt mostly with a chair but I am likely to set it down at any given time and just run with the cushion. When I set up the pack lays beside me in case I need something while my calls are right in my lap. There's also a lot of times that I don't even unzip the back pack but I like the bladder and it's nice to have a few extra things and some snacks when that quick hunt turns into a all day affair. I keep everything in it's place so I know what I have and it's really not that much  .  I just don't like a vest  and this system works well for me.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

spencerhoosier

I've always used a waist pack of some sort. Until this year, I was using the Turkey Thugs pack from Wal-Mart. It was just fine, and I have no complaints. I thought I would try this out this year and see how it goes. The bottom two links are accessories that I added on.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017Y45T5K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004IA4OH8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0068SYN5G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

SKFOOTER

Check out the Turkey Thugs 16 Pocket Turkey Waist Pack for $16. :turkey2:

ilbucksndux

Do you really need more than a mouth call,pot call, couple strikers and your bullets ?
Gary Bartlow