North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Featured call: "The High Priced Hen" www.GobblerDown.com

Started by GoProHunt, March 02, 2016, 11:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoProHunt

$62.95

Handmade by the company owner Sean, contact him directly at 843-241-1447 or go to www.gobblerdown.com... Here's the description of the call:

Custom glass call which can be conditioned to your taste
Produces the widest range of hen sounds at all volumes
Available in Mahogany and Black Walnut construction
Includes one piece, solid walnut striker

870BkWht

How do you know how it sounds and the sounds it can produce if its never been conditioned?

eorlando

Quote from: 870BkWht on March 02, 2016, 03:32:03 PM
How do you know how it sounds and the sounds it can produce if its never been conditioned?

That's funny

Gobbleandgrunt

I'm glad mine come conditioned! Some are so pretty u don't want to mess them up! Takes the pressure off lol.

jed clampett

I wondered that myself...i asked if they had a sound file...gave me a sound file for a mouth call on YouTube...it did sound good though..

theghost_03

Some of these calls do come looking so good you don't want to mess with them.  From my experience with this glass call, it of course looks great, but I have used a pile of your main stream calls and other custom companies but Gobbler Down has some phenomenal work put into them.  This group ran and owned by Sean Calhoun obviously do all the work on these calls themselves, but this group puts together a hunt every spring for 6 of our military veterans.  Find me companies that are forking out money like Sean is and make great turkey calls.  That is my kind of American made company I support. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

hpo

As a Gobbler Down guy here (and that was me on that YouTube video messing around with a mouth call on the way home from work) some folks want their call conditioned a certain way. Some would rather do it themselves. With crystal/glass, it's rather finicky with what some folks want (with all calls). To each their own. And if they don't like it, return it and we'll make it right.

Word of mouth travels with turkey calls-as everyone here knows. It's such a tight knit group that posers will get called out ASAP. GD has been around since 2009 using word of mouth, tearing up the fields and forests, racking up great memories and birds specifically using our calls. Modifying, shaping, and adding to the calls to make them exactly what we want. If we want them, we feels others will too. You're starting to see more of a presence because more and more folks are hearing about us and want to get involved., We are just a bunch of guys who love having fun chasing Mr. Tom.

More than a small, home based call company, we give back. For the last several years, Sean, the owner, has been supporting veterans by hosting a Wounded Warrior hunt-now hunts. We raffle off tickets where hunters/supporters can win a shotgun/rifle, etc... to fund the hunts. These are not hunts in our backyard either-we fly the vets, gear them up, set up a great experience for them and take them out to get a bird.

Anyway. Take a look and give them a try if you'd like. Join us in the fun and whatever you do, come this Spring... Get out in the woods and "Shoot'em in the Face!"

Shoot'em in the Face!