OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remote Control gobbler dekes?!?!

Started by lowoctane, March 02, 2016, 07:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowoctane

:morning:
Anyone else seen these? Saw one on Mack's Prairie Wings site. Seen it all now. . . ???  :z-dizzy:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Will_price

Its ridiculous what some of the stuff out there. And the price they're charging for it too!!!
Member of The Tenth, since 2005

Fullfan

Quote from: Will_price on March 02, 2016, 07:43:44 AM
Its ridiculous what some of the stuff out there. And the price they're charging for it too!!!

I could not agree more, 100.00 or more for decoys that are aimed  at catching the hunters eye instead of the gobblers. Good grief.....
Don't gobble at me...

GobbleNut

All of these products brings up the question....At what point do we actually take the "hunt" out of "hunting"?  I don't know about everybody else, but, personally, I want my success (or failure) in my hunts to be at least partially because of my skills,...not because I have all the fanciest new gadgets that eliminate any need for having any skills.  At what point do we lose the true meaning of being a "hunter" and not just the "trigger puller" in the assembly line of technology?

lowoctane

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 02, 2016, 08:45:08 AM
All of these products brings up the question....At what point do we actually take the "hunt" out of "hunting"?  I don't know about everybody else, but, personally, I want my success (or failure) in my hunts to be at least partially because of my skills,...not because I have all the fanciest new gadgets that eliminate any need for having any skills.  At what point do we lose the true meaning of being a "hunter" and not just the "trigger puller" in the assembly line of technology?

:morning: Amen Brother!!  I'm already hiding behind a net. That's enough for me! :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

buzzardroost

Should be outlawed, along with fanning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meadow Valley Man

I'm obviously old school, as I've been at it since 1984. I have killed exactly one turkey while I was using a decoy. I have no problem with others who do, but I always felt they limit my ability to set up, move when I need to , and they are extra baggage in the vest. I do hunt large tracts, so I cover a lot of ground.  If I only had 40 acres to hunt, it would be a different story. I just got my spring Redhead catalog, and the first ten pages are all decoys.  Sheesh.

Gobble!

Quote from: buzzardroost on March 02, 2016, 09:48:52 AM

I don't have issues with fanning but I think motorized decoys are a bit much. Pretty sure they are illegal in MD.

turkeyfoot

Quote from: lowoctane on March 02, 2016, 07:22:57 AM
:morning:
Anyone else seen these? Saw one on Mack's Prairie Wings site. Seen it all now. . . ???  :z-dizzy:
I wish that were true but it just gets worse and worse I wish we had seen it all years ago with  the junk.

Greg Massey

Look down in the forum 3 pages about this decoy on Mack's P. Wing including a bad video about the decoy and the guys trying to use this decoy..so bad

SteelerFan

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 02, 2016, 10:36:16 AM
Look down in the forum 3 pages about this decoy on Mack's P. Wing including a bad video about the decoy and the guys trying to use this decoy..so bad
Here you go... [and yes, it's still a stupid idea!!]  :TrainWreck1:

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,60650.0.html

dawgfrombama

Quote from: buzzardroost on March 02, 2016, 09:48:52 AM

I agree.

OldSchool

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 02, 2016, 08:45:08 AM

Agreed!  :icon_thumright:  If they built them a little beefier and installed a seat in back, you could ride right up to your birds Trojan turkey style.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

fallhnt

A video game "era" kid must have invented it. So his generation could be "interactive" with the game they are hunting.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

shaman

They're illegal in Kentucky, that's for sure-- no electronic devices of any type.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer