turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many different guns

Started by Farmboy27, February 27, 2016, 10:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmboy27

Just thought it would be interesting conversation. How many different guns have you killed turkeys with?  I have shot gobblers with a beretta 686, rem 870, rem 11-87, mossberg 935, rem sp10, benelli nova, win super x2, and benelli super black eagle2. Still own the 870, 11-87, nova, super x2, and sbe2.

Happy

One. A mossburg 835. Think we are going on 15 years together.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

OldSchool

I've killed a few birds with an H&R Topper single shot .410 that I got when I was a kid, but other than that It's been my 20 gauge Ithaca Featherlight. I've had it for 35 years and I hunt everything with it, It's an old friend.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

lunghit

Just three birds with my Benelli SBE 2. Just ordered a Winchester SX3 and hope to get a bird or two with that this year.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

surehuntsalot

Mossberg 835
Remington 1100 magnum
Remington 20ga 870 youth
Charles Daly 20ga pump
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

bbcoach

Killed my first with a 1100 with 2 3/4 #5 lead   HOOKED!!!
Bought an 835 and it's been her and I for the last 8 years

paboxcall

Four for me, missed one with another.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

possum58

6 different guns and got a new gun for this year.

Byhalia

one gun - 36 years  !!!!   OLD SCHOOL

H & R 10 ga. - single shot
cut and sleeved (21") and got the enforcing cone lengthened (no choke tube)
It is a killin machine.

Many Gobblers have fallen to date and still going strong.    :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

Mike Honcho

Winchester Model 50
Franchi 912
Mossberg 835
Mossberg 935
Browning BPS  10
Stoeger 3500

Farmboy27

One gun for 36 years!!!  You would be my wife's hero!!!  When I think about all the money spent I wish I would have stuck with the first one!!

Farmboy27

After all the guns I've used, my current one doesn't kill turkeys any deader than the first one I ever used!!

TrackeySauresRex

One Ol Mossy 835 close to 25 years. New 20 this year.  :fud:  :OGani:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

ChiefBubba

Remington 870, Versa Max and a Maxus. Along these lines I want to get a shotgun in every gauge and try and kill a turkey with every one. Just added a Winchester SX3 in 20 gauge this year. That's a very nice gun and will probably get most of the hunts if I can get it patterned. Chief

Farmboy27

out of all my guns I've never killed one with a 20 gauge.  The one I killed with the 10 gauge was with a buddy's gun.  All the others have been with a 12.  I've been thinking about a 20 gauge build. But saving my money for a merriams hunt first!  Think it would be awesome to kill one with every gauge from .410-10!  But the .410 and 28 might be beyond my skill level!!