turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trumpet call?

Started by Trad1, February 26, 2016, 05:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trad1

Looking for a trumpet call,any call makers out there?Never tried one before ,want something new for this spring.

davisd9

Contact Savduck or KPcalls.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mgm1955

Quote from: davisd9 on February 26, 2016, 05:40:27 PM
Contact Savduck or KPcalls.

Sent from the Strut Zone
Both great choices!!

M Sharpe

Those are two good ones!! As well as Matt McLain, Billy Buice, or Bob Buckner. I've got some from all mentioned except Kenny. I've heard his though and they sound ....turkey!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Trad1

Sound great I,m new to this site ,How do you contact these guys??

davisd9

Click on the member list, find their name, click it, then select send pm.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Trumpetyelper

Should also look at a Farmer..LOL

davisd9

Quote from: Trumpetyelper on February 26, 2016, 08:20:36 PM

Lol, good luck with that

Sent from the Strut Zone

crow

hard to beat a cane yelper or wingbone call from Mark Sharpe, (M Sharpe) on here

very easy to play and full of turkey

M Sharpe

Quote from: Trumpetyelper on February 26, 2016, 08:20:36 PM

Brotha Zach ever got around to building yours yet??
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

West Augusta

Took me 3 years to learn to run one well enough to hunt with.  Get one, find someone that can run them and get some one on one instructions and practice.  Savduck Del Crow, Ralph Permar and Marlin Watkins have some good YouTubes that can help or call Boatpaddle.  They all helped me learn to run one.  Once you learn to run one well you'll never go to the turkey woods without one.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

paboxcall

Quote from: West Augusta on February 27, 2016, 07:18:37 PM
Took me 3 years to learn to run one well enough to hunt with.  Get one, find someone that can run them and get some one on one instructions and practice.  Savduck Del Crow, Ralph Permar and Marlin Watkins have some good YouTubes that can help or call Boatpaddle.  They all helped me learn to run one.  Once you learn to run one well you'll never go to the turkey woods without one.

I had the same experience, taking about three years to achieve repeatable control of the call.  Boatpaddle helped me as well, suggesting I record myself and adjust as needed.  That was huge step in my learning curve!

Lot more resources West listed above out there today then there were couple years ago, so take advantage of them.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

OldSchool

Check out the Trumpets/Wingbones forum. The calls these folks turn out leave me drooling on my keyboard.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

OldSchool

Quote from: OldSchool on February 29, 2016, 09:56:21 AM
Check out the Trumpets/Wingbones forum. The calls these folks turn out leave me drooling on my keyboard.

Bob

Ha Ha, that's what I get for posting before I'm awake. We're in the trumpets and wingbones forum. ::) My first thought was to delete my post, but if you can't laugh at yourself...

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

nitro

Yall don't own a Farmer??
Royal Slam 2008