OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

lets see those 870 youth 20 builds!

Started by Full strut, February 24, 2016, 03:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoop87

I'm working on mine as well.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a mount to use for the red dot scope?  I have a Burris Fast Fire III that will go on it.  Have not ordered a choke at this time, but planning on ordering a Sumtoy and shoot Federal HW 7's.

Greg Massey

If you plan on putting a saddle mount on it and it's one of the Youth 20 ga,, it takes a different saddle mount than what fits the old Rem 20 ga ..frame...if you want the right saddle mount number just let me know...If it's a Rem your doing ...you didn't say which gun you were building. The one you want is B square Rem. 870 20 ga. express LT shotgun saddle style mount and it comes with scope mounts.. number 1008574 you can buy this off Amazon for 41.99 and it still lets you see your bead...

Snoop87

Thank you, Greg. I'm open to saddle mounts or a rail. The gun is an 870 youth model. The reason I'm asking is that the local gunsmith said that he could not install a red dot in a 20 gauge youth. The gun still needs to be drilled and tapped.

Greg Massey

If you want a red dot look at the Bushnell Tr 25 , it's a great red dot for the money and i have one mounted on one of my 5 turkey guns...it runs around 60 - 85 dollars , you will just have to shop around for it...

Full strut

I already own a ff2 with a warbird protector. My problem is that I have a gun smith that wants too much to drill two little holes in my receiver. I'm just hoping it hits true center so I don't have to worry about optics

Greg Massey

You can believe this or not , i mounted the saddle mount i told you about on my 20 ga, and put a Simmons turkey scope on it and bore sighted the scope and it was dead on at the range shooting Federal HW 7

Snoop87

I already have the fastfire III. I'm trying to find a saddle/rail that will fit a youth model. Will any rail for a 20 gauge 870 fit a youth model?

Greg Massey

Quote from: Snoop87 on January 19, 2017, 09:55:03 PM
I already have the fastfire III. I'm trying to find a saddle/rail that will fit a youth model. Will any rail for a 20 gauge 870 fit a youth model?
No read back about 4 or 5 post and you will see were i posted which one fits the 870 , 20 ga. youth

Gumby

I have added Williams Ghost Ring Firesights since these pics

Footballer

Quote from: Gumby on January 20, 2017, 08:21:11 AM

I have added Williams Ghost Ring Firesights since these pics

That is sweet! Who dipped it?

Gumby

Steve Jackson at SJ Solutions in Paron, AR

Full strut

I'm from central AR but I've never heard him. I like that dip a lot. How much did he charge you?

Gumby

I can't remember exactly. I think it was $150 or so. Sorry, was last year

www.sjsolutionsllc.com

Cleveland48

That looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full strut

Thanks for the link gumby. How has it held up?