OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning Maxxus w/ Indian Creek .6656

Started by MShillhunter, February 23, 2016, 07:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MShillhunter

Have y'all had any experience with this setup or anything similar?  I want to buy a few different shells to test out, but wanted to see if anyone has had good luck with any particular shell. 

Thanks

Prohunter3509

If it's anything like the silver try longbearsd 5 or 6  3 1/2
And jeb 650 is a good choice

darn2ten

I shoot a older a5 stalker with the same back bored barrel as the maxxus, mines 26". I tried multiple chokes and settled on the .665 IC. Mines only a 3" gun. I consistently get 185 to 200 in the 10 @ 40 with 3" LB 5's. Does around 220 to 230 with LB 6's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hansonc

I shot my IC .665 today out of my sx3 with hevi 3.5" #7s and got 321 and 294 at 40 yds. Shot 3" versions same shot and got 207. I'm gonna run some longbeards 3.5" #5s I'm gonna run tomorrow.

MShillhunter

Let me know your results Hanson.  I have some Longbeard 3.5s 5s I'm going to test out soon.  I will post the results

Hansonc

I thought I had some LB#5s laying around but I guess I didn't. I did have 6's though. My first shot with the LB got 326 at 40 yds and a second shot yielded 290ish. I'll see if I can some pics uploaded this morning.
All were shot at 40 with SX3 28" barrel and IC .665. They were the 3.5" 2 oz #6s.

RiverRoost

I'd love to see those patterns. I have a sx3 I'm thinking about ordering a IC for.

Hansonc

Here are the LB 6's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MShillhunter

That is impressive.  Hope I get similar results

dannyrob14

dannyrob14

This is my comparison on Carlsons Blackout w #5 XR, I'll do #6 XR next.

taylorjones20

I helped pattern a maxxus last year with a .665 IC and it done great with magblends and Longbeards #5's.
Alive only by the Grace Of God