turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SILENT BIRDS

Started by HeavyMetal, March 30, 2011, 08:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBiologist

Hey guys, I am now the LDWF biologist in Webster and claiborne.  I killed opening day on Kisatchie, but have not got on birds since.  Hope yalls weekend goes good.  If you evern need anything let me know.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

HeavyMetal

Quote from: LaBiologist on March 30, 2011, 10:34:59 PM
Hey guys, I am now the LDWF biologist in Webster and claiborne.  I killed opening day on Kisatchie, but have not got on birds since.  Hope yalls weekend goes good.  If you evern need anything let me know.
thanks man
good luck too you also

CB on the run

Toooooooo many hens is one reason.  Just like the deer herd up here in NY, 6-10 does for every buck in most places.  No need to travel very far or fight.
  Hang out in traditional strutting zones and cluck/purr every 10-15 minutes.
CB

TrackeySauresRex

Man I hate when that happens....Sometimes you think they just packed up and left.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

HeavyMetal

Quote from: CB on the run on March 31, 2011, 08:34:16 AM
  Toooooooo many hens is one reason.  Just like the deer herd up here in NY, 6-10 does for every buck in most places.  No need to travel very far or fight.
  Hang out in traditional strutting zones and cluck/purr every 10-15 minutes.
CB
thanks for the tip cb :thanks:

HeavyMetal

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 31, 2011, 09:15:13 AM
Man I hate when that happens....Sometimes you think they just packed up and left.
:agreed:

HogBiologist

These couple cold snaps may have shut em down a hair too.  Hopefully this weekend it will warm back up.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

bigjb

It's been a weird year for me and several coworkers in central la. One day they're silent, the next they're not. I've been going on those silent days but others have had some luck. I'm going to keep after them and you do the same

HeavyMetal

Quote from: bigjb on March 31, 2011, 10:46:01 AM
It's been a weird year for me and several coworkers in central la. One day they're silent, the next they're not. I've been going on those silent days but others have had some luck. I'm going to keep after them and you do the same
:anim_25: to ya and i sure will

mdtkyhntr

Last year the birds I hunt weren't gobbling at all on the roost, and very little if at all when they first hit the ground. I found out later that if you hang in the woods they were getting fired up around 10 a.m. and the birds that were gobbling at that time were very workable. Stay with it, things are bound to change.